A lot wrong here...

thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited November 12, 2006 in People
But I am really getting into capturing people since even poorly composed and exposed images can be semi-rewarding. And yes...I ignored the 'rule of thirds' on each one :wink

Here are 3 more contributions as I move from landscape photography to working more with people/kids. I think my new focus, which many of you have already mastered, is to combine people, landscape, and the golden light.

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg
Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    That last one is pretty cool. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 10, 2006
    I don't see anything wrong with #3. On the contrary, it all looks great to me. clap.gif

Regards,
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    The last one is very appealing for me because it has so much frozen movement. Great shot!
  • Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    Love the last one! ENERGY!
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    I love the 3rd one.....that looks like fun!
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    I also can not see anything wrong here, your pictures are great!

I really prefer the second one. While the third one is perfectly captured, it looks somehow strange to my eyes. ;)
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    great job on the last one thumb.gif
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Great kid shots, love the lighting, action, their hair!. I see the next wave of surfers for sure!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    All nice pics...although I must say I would be afraid to take my camera to the beach...lots of sand flying in the air. ne_nau.gif
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    All nice pics...although I must say I would be afraid to take my camera to the beach...lots of sand flying in the air. ne_nau.gif

You right Seneca and that's why the D200 is on my X-mas list deal.gif I also bring a small baby tent that I use to change lenses and filters.

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    You nailed the last shot!

I've done a lot of beach shooting and it's been generally a blast. The light is both wonderful and a real challenge. The first two shots also have promise, but it's tempting to apply some post to them.
    If not now, when?
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 12, 2006
    neat shots but I really like that first one with all three kids' heads turned the same way and all with the long hair-

as rutt said, maybe some pp-
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    I agree rutt and george. I actually did a lot at first and then backed off; which seems to be too much. I'll give it another shot in CS2.

Thanks for the input.

Disraeli Photography