Ch. 77 - "The Blue's System"

NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited November 11, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi all, feedback greatly appreciated! I thought "transportation system" for this one ...

109170184-L.jpg
Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...

Comments

• nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    I like this shot with the grainy feel to it. brings back memories of me riding the Blue to work everyday. great work!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 10, 2006
    Hi all, feedback greatly appreciated! I thought "transportation system" for this one ...

I like the composition a lot. Seems like there are a lot of blown highlights though. I know exposure is difficult in a subway. If you are shooting RAW, maybe you could do something with combining multiple conversions. Just a thought.

Cheers,
  • davidmigldavidmigl Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    About the blown highlights thing, I thought the same too, until I took a look at the histogram in Photoshop. They are very close to being blown but not quite... the white point was adjusted that way. Mess with the levels, and yes, there IS detail in the white areas.

Same with the black - nothing is quite "crushed," only very very close to the black point. There's still detail there.

I wish we had a subway here around the Dallas area - I've seen some amazing shots come out of them. Nice work.
  • NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    I'm not sure what this brown highlights thing means ... I ran the photo through some filters to give it the blown out look on purpose, I thought it was attractive and highlighted the "feeling" of the tunnel.

Any tips on making it better?
    Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...
    I'm not sure what this brown highlights thing means ... I ran the photo through some filters to give it the blown out look on purpose, I thought it was attractive and highlighted the "feeling" of the tunnel.

Any tips on making it better?

I dig the treatment you gave it. Having spent time in that tunnel it works for me.