She Loves Broccoli

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited November 12, 2006 in People
Meet broccoli lover, Emily Grace, my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter.

109424248-L.jpg

109424663-L.jpg

109423701-L.jpg

Virginia

Email

Comments

• jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Overexposed, but cute none-the-less. Intriguing that a child of that age actually enjoying broccoli.
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    not over-exposed, nice "on the fly" high-key, indeed thumb.gif
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Ok... Are they overexposed or not? Hmmm, must be a subjective thing. ;)
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    I would tone the highlights down a touch. It looks a little Flash-y as it is.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    I think it's a little bright...but I like it that way. Your grand daughter is a cutie pie. I too have a 2 1/2 year grand daughter who loves broccoli, cauflower, spinach, onions, bell-peppers, and tomatoes. I am amazed at the things she eats. This child is not picky at all!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 12, 2006
    too light for my taste, but that's just me-
    neat photos and great that she likes broccoli-

very cute-
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 12, 2006
    physics groupie?-

I'm impressed or in awe or something like that-
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Thank you all for the comments. The photos can be toned down, which I may do one of these days to see if I like them better that way. Also, my monitor is up for recalibrating and I may have overdone it. I'll make some prints to find out.

As Antoine pointed out (thank you Antoine!), I was playing with the high-key thing, which, for me, works for the photos, at least on my monitor. It's fun to try something different from the 1000s of other photos I have taken of her!!

Seneca - I hope you get to enjoy your granddaughter as much as I enjoy mine! I love the spirit of the 2 1/2 year old.

Gifillmore - no need to be impressed. My son is a physicist and I am a great fan of the late Richard Feynman, but, alas, I have no talent for physics. Guess that's why I am a groupie!

Virginia

Email
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    The first is by far my favorite! I love her expression and how she's holding the beloved broccoli! (My 18 month old LOVES it and asks for "boccoli" all the time! Laughing.gif!)

I'd try cropping the first one a bit closer on the left and right to get rid of the distractions behind her. While her hair is gorgeous, it doesn't add a lot to the shot and I think it'll help bring her favorite food and her great expression into focus!

The second is nice, but her eyes aren't really open or closed and her position isn't as interesting.

The last I almost cute, but I wish her eyes were wide open. Laughing.gif!

Great series! I'm not too bothered by the high-key nature. I think it works well here, but it's obvious the flash was used. That's the only thing that bothers me. I'd love to see a series like this with nature light or softer flash as fill....

Cute, cute girl! Almost as cute as mine! Laughing.gif! :D