Private, password protected gallery - why is icon showing?

DaddioDaddio Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited November 11, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've looked for the answer on this as I'm sure it's come up many times, but my eyeballs are ready to fall out at this point so I gotta ask here.

Why is an icon showing up in my galleries view (the lock icon) when the gallery is supposed to be private, and thus not visible on my homepage or galleries page? It does not show if the gallery is not password protected, but when you add the protection the gallery is no longer hidden.

Thanks,
Alan
daddio.smugmug.com

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 11, 2006
    Alan,

I believe that you don't have private set for that gallery, can you please check it.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • DaddioDaddio Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Alan,

I believe that you don't have private set for that gallery, can you please check it.

Thanks,

David

The category is titled "Private" and has two galleries in it that are both private and password protected. What I want is the whole category to be invisible. That's the way it worked when the galleries in it were not paasword protected.

Thanks for the help!
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 11, 2006
    Alan,

ok, I don't see a category called Private when I look at your website.

Have you tried looking when you are logged out of your account ? As you will always see private galleries when you are logged into your account.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • DaddioDaddio Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    DOH! mwink.gif

I was viewing from IE, which was NOT logged in to my account, but I guess I HAD entered the password for those galleries hours earlier. I had to delete my cookies and exit/restart IE, but now I don't see that category folder anymore. thumb.gif

Thanks again for the help, David! It's been eight straight hours of "customizing for dummies" here tonight. Still lots more to learn and do, but I'm finally making some progress.

-Alan
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Daddio wrote:
    DOH! mwink.gif

I was viewing from IE, which was NOT logged in to my account, but I guess I HAD entered the password for those galleries hours earlier. I had to delete my cookies and exit/restart IE, but now I don't see that category folder anymore. thumb.gif

Thanks again for the help, David! It's been eight straight hours of "customizing for dummies" here tonight. Still lots more to learn and do, but I'm finally making some progress.

-Alan
    thumb.gifthumb.gif