New Model, Ally

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited November 13, 2006 in People
i'm completely overloaded with pictures right now, but i was able to process this one from today's shoot with my new model ally. what do you think of the picture? are her eyes too processed?

109471371-L.jpg

thanks!

Comments

• NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    They are a little bit too processed for my taste, but only slightly.

Overall I'm not sure about the picture. I mean I like it, but somehow the pose of her hands looks a little bit strange. Also, I find her necklace a bit distracting and I think a slightly lower angle would have been better.

But I love the colours of this photo! Really nice!
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    what do you think of the picture?
    Is that sticking plaster on her right thumb? headscratch.gif
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    I opened it up and went "Boy, she's pretty". You found yourself a good model. I really like her eyes myself- but I have been known to go overboard too.
    Everything is crisp and sharp and so wonderfully colorful- nice location. So, I guess that's why I too am drawn by the band-aid on her finger. Paper cut?
    Really good job, I hope you can post some more from the same shoot.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 11, 2006
    ahhh! very pretty lady-

and I think the photo is very good (not being as expert as others are in judging these things)-
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    thank you very much for you comments!
    Is that sticking plaster on her right thumb? headscratch.gif
    So, I guess that's why I too am drawn by the band-aid on her finger. Paper cut?

haha, that was the other reason i posted this picture. i wanted to know if the eyes were to sharp and if the bandaid was noticable. i didn't want to mention the bandaid because i wanted to know if you would see it without me mentioning it. now i know i'm going to have to try and avoid it in my other shots.

you will be seeing a lot more of ally within the next week or so.

thanks again and any more comments would be appreciated!
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    I think she's one of your best models to date.

I am getting tired of the overhead shot... time to get low dude, get low!
    edited November 11, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    I think she's one of your best models to date.

I am getting tired of the overhead shot... time to get low dude, get low!

thanks owen, you'll see some not overhead shot's soon.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Nice model, but I have to agree with Owen. Your overhead style needs a rest. I don't really find it flattering with your pretty young models.
  • igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Her hands are a bit distracting, it looks like someone asked her to hold her sweater tie. There is not enough seperation from her dark sweater and the dark background on the left. An accent or hair light on that side would have really made the image pop. The bandaid I assume was intentional?

Her eyes look a bit processed. Eyes are so easy to over do. They actually seem too glossy, like she just finished smoking something she should not.

Overall a good photo, I enjoyed viewing it.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    igophoto wrote:
    Her eyes look a bit processed. Eyes are so easy to over do. They actually seem too glossy, like she just finished smoking something she should not.

mwink.gif

Maybe she did? haha.
    edited November 13, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    mwink.gif

Maybe she did? haha.
    thanks owen, i assure you she did not.

the bandaid was unintentional, but i intentionally posted a picture with the bandaid in it to see how noticeable it was.

btw, i looked back through the set and realized i had a ton of downward angled shots. i just love the way it makes model's eyes pop. next shoot i'll try to kick the habit, cold turkey.

anyway, here is another shot of ally. this was on the side of the barn that i posted in the field and street forum. please tell me what you think!

110126377-L.jpg

how do you feel about the hand in motion?
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 13, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    how do you feel about the hand in motion?
    I don't get it... as in, I don't get why her hand is in motion. Doesn't add anything to the photo. Otherwise, that's a great photo, super color! Even though she's relatively small in the frame, her colors pop out on that barn. Well done.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I don't get it... as in, I don't get why her hand is in motion. Doesn't add anything to the photo. Otherwise, that's a great photo, super color! Even though she's relatively small in the frame, her colors pop out on that barn. Well done.

My thoughts exactly.