digital SLR

amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
edited November 13, 2006 in Cameras
I think at this point I'm ready to buy a digital SLR. most likely a Canon. have there been any price drops in the Rebels lately or anything else someone who may be ready to buy might be interested in hearing about? most likely will go with Best Buy as I like the add on warranty you can buy and they just replace the camera if needed. thats what they did with my A80 anyway.

thank you all in advance for your time and caring. :D

107961093-L.jpg

Comments

• amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    this was taken on auto with an A95. I just feel like the little lens's can only do so much. the white tire got washed with the flash and I don't know if that happens with a bigger lens.

109557585-L.jpg
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    amadeus wrote:
    I think at this point I'm ready to buy a digital SLR. most likely a Canon. have there been any price drops in the Rebels lately or anything else someone who may be ready to buy might be interested in hearing about? most likely will go with Best Buy as I like the add on warranty you can buy and they just replace the camera if needed. thats what they did with my A80 anyway.

thank you all in advance for your time and caring. :D
    Just look for a well loved 20D or if you can still find a new one in a shop somewhere even better.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    And just think what you can do with a remote trigger deal.gif

The new 10mpx Rebels are pretty hot, and a good step up from what you have. Sure, you can look for a 20d, used, or a 30d, new, but that'll cut into your renovation budget.
    edited November 11, 2006
    just hop on the bus gus I don't want a used camera I know how people treat consumer electronics.
    edited November 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    And just think what you can do with a remote trigger deal.gif

The new 10mpx Rebels are pretty hot, and a good step up from what you have. Sure, you can look for a 20d, used, or a 30d, new, but that'll cut into your renovation budget.

you wouldn't believe the price of buildng materials these days.

109012241-L.jpg
    edited November 11, 2006
    109021393-L.jpg
    109012254-L.jpg
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    amadeus wrote:
    just hop on the bus gus I don't want a used camera I know how people treat consumer electronics.
    Mate no way would i buy gear from myself...ive seen how i treat it but for some anal retentive over in FM that still has the handkerchief mounted in a frame that they shed a tear into the day they took their 20D home...sure.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Check out the B&H discount code thread. They're a top online/brick-and-mortar retailer.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 11, 2006
    I shot for a year with an A75 and like you, decided that it was time to move up. Got a 20D and it was a tremendous improvement. The Rebel has most of the same features, but I really liked the feel of the 20D. You need to give careful thought to the lenses as well, as that's where you'll likely end up spending the most money in the long run--or even in the short run :D.

Good luck with your hunt. You'll be glad you switched.

Regards,
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    If you are worried that you will fall into the "it feels like a toy or feels cheap" with the Rebel XT or XTi, slap a battery grip on there. That will bulk it up.
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • txdude35txdude35 Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    amadeus wrote:
    this was taken on auto with an A95. I just feel like the little lens's can only do so much. the white tire got washed with the flash and I don't know if that happens with a bigger lens.

109557585-L.jpg

Congratulations on deciding to move up, but the problem with this picture is one you'll have with a DSLR as well- "auto" setting with the onboard flash. The tire got blown out b/c the camera exposed for the relatively dark cycle and darker background, and the straight forward on-board flash accentuated the white. The DSLR will give you more creative control, certainly, but if you don't invest in a good flash that you can bounce to go with it your pictures are still going to look like this.
  • ed_hed_h Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    amadeus wrote:

109557585-L.jpg

Thats nice, only if they would glow in the dark like thatclap.gif
    ed
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/