4-A Playoffs round 1

hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited November 14, 2006 in Sports
I got some bettwe results. Still having color issues. I spent more time editing this week

_MG_3309.jpg

_MG_3374.jpg

_MG_3309.jpg

_MG_3406.jpg

_MG_3436.jpg

The stripe on the Black unis is supposed to be gold, the numbers are white outlined with gold. If the color temp is off, the gold is impossible for me to get right.

Any ideas?
Scott

Canon Rebel XT
Canon 580 EX Speedlight
Canon EF 50mm f1.8
Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
SanDisk Ultra IIs

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 13, 2006
    You got some more good action here. Nice parts of and whole faces thumb.gif

These look way too cool to me. To the point where the white highlights on the uniforms look to have a purple/magenta cast to them ne_nau.gif Skin tones are off because of this also.

I hope you don't mind the visual examples :D

original.jpg

original.jpg

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    Thanks!
    What color temp did you use, or did you use a filter? That brought the gold our nicely too.
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 14, 2006
    I used one of Shay's Purple Fringe removers first. Then I reduced the red and magenta saturation even further. I used a levels layer (white point on the jersey). I had to erase some of the brighter areas to not lose detail. I then went in and did a skintone adjustment using CMYK mode.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone I did this using a layer mask so I could erase some of the areas that got too warm. I probably could have spent more time on the pants (a bit too warm?). I also applied some low radius sharpening (.2, 380, 0)

About 3 minutes per image is all I put in. :D

It looks like you are still shooting using aRGB color space. Stop that....Laughing.gif

Seriously, you will reduce the amount of post processing needed and get much better "right-out-of-the-camera" results using sRGB color space.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero