Options

First photoshoots with the 5d! (11 "small" photos)

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 13, 2006 in People
Last weekend, I had 4 photoshoots in Denver! I'm SO thrilled with how they went. I had a blast and I'm still sort of shocked that I was able to get them all (mostly) color corrected and cropped (about 160 total final shots whittled down from over 500) in less than a week! (Thank you, Lightroom!)

These are my favorites. I have a link at the end to a gallery with my 44 favorites. I'd LOVE any feedback you have to give!

Please note:I have NOT photoshopped any but one or two. So any signs, cars, hair, limbs you may see around will be removed if they purchase the image (during the 5 day proofing period). You can comment about that stuff, but it's useless since I already know about it! LOL!

Shoot #1
1a - 109801956-S-2.jpg

1b - 109802162-S-2.jpg(would LOVE comments on color on this! Signs, etc. will be removed if purchased.)

1c - 109802312-S-2.jpg (mom and dad! LOL! person will be removed)

Shoot #2

2a - 109802589-S-1.jpg watching their twin boys play

2b - 109802687-S-1.jpg

2c - 109802745-S-1.jpg

2d - 109802869-S-1.jpgsort of "flashy", but would love ideas on how to fix that. used 420EX flash with Lightsphere - my only lighting right now.

Shoot #3

3a - 109802921-S-1.jpg

3b - 109803059-S-1.jpg

Shoot #4

4a - 109803259-S-1.jpg(engagement shoot, obviously)

4b - 109803278-S-1.jpg

I have several others I wanted to post, but didn't want to overdo it! LOL! You can see the rest of my favorites here: http://www.tippiepics.com/gallery/2122819 (Please feel free to leave comments as this is a gallery hidden from my clients.)

Thank you for looking! :D

Comments

• Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    I must say I always love when you post pics.....I smile throughout your series everytime!!

I love 1a....love love love it!! She is very cute!

1b....I personally would like to see the colors "darker" (if that is the right term) but the image is wonderful! He looks like he just "flocking" right along with them. That is a fun shot!! The "back-end" of the goose? is a little distracting....maybe tighter crop?

2b & 2c I think are my fav's!! I love theses shots! So super cute!

Now I am off to look at the rest of your fav's!! mwink.gif

Great work as always,
    Heather
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Oh my goodness!! What a great gallery! I can see why these made your list!!

I love:

#7 (poor thing :cry)
    #17 (yummy)
    #32 (classic hide and seek!!)

Beautiful....absolutely beautiful!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 13, 2006
    Really really nice stuff in there. Congrats on the 5d.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2006
    I must say I always love when you post pics.....I smile throughout your series everytime!!

I love 1a....love love love it!! She is very cute!

1b....I personally would like to see the colors "darker" (if that is the right term) but the image is wonderful! He looks like he just "flocking" right along with them. That is a fun shot!! The "back-end" of the goose? is a little distracting....maybe tighter crop?

2b & 2c I think are my fav's!! I love theses shots! So super cute!

Now I am off to look at the rest of your fav's!! mwink.gif

Great work as always,
    Heather

Thank you so much, Heather! Making someone smile makes my day! :D

I'll play with 1b. I am trying really hard to play with color more (I just LOVE B&W and always have and my color has suffered). Oh, and if they order, I'll remove that hind end for sure! Kind of weird. (I won't crop, just clone out. I have a lot to clone from in that shot.)

Thanks again! I hope you enjoy(ed) the gallery!
    Oh my goodness!! What a great gallery! I can see why these made your list!!

I love:

#7 (poor thing :cry)
    #17 (yummy)
    #32 (classic hide and seek!!)

Beautiful....absolutely beautiful!!

Thank you SO much for taking the time to look! And your nice comments! :D Thank you! You're really kind.
    truth wrote:
    Really really nice stuff in there. Congrats on the 5d.

Thanks so much, Chad. I'm pretty psyched about it. Can you tell? And thanks for the nice comment! I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    Amazing work! Congratulations!

I really like your photos very much! clap.gif
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    4a and 4b are superb. great job!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    do you ever run out of clever posing ideas Andi?
    CONGRATS andi on the 5D, smart upgrade for sure.

1a is priceless.

2b I really like the composition here...great idea. The only thought is maybe to clone out the armrest in the foreground, its distracting, this shot would be PERFECT w/o it. Easier said than done tho I know!

3a is my favorite gem in this whole series. What a cute idea. I am very curious to hear what the family thinks. I get rq too for "different" family portraits with "character" and I just may have to borrow this idea. Very well executed!

4b is great, the shooting angle works perfect here.

When you BW convert, do you add (colorize) a bit too? These don't look true "stark" BW on my screen, its a very nice and warm effect.

as always, love to see your work!!! sounds like you've been busy!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2006
    Nordic wrote:
    Amazing work! Congratulations!

I really like your photos very much! clap.gif

Thanks so much, Nordic! :D
    binghott wrote:
    4a and 4b are superb. great job!!! clap.gif

Thanks! They were a blast to work with! And it's funny, she's a pretty girl in real life, but she's SO photogenic it's crazy!!
    urbanaries wrote:
    CONGRATS andi on the 5D, smart upgrade for sure.

1a is priceless.

2b I really like the composition here...great idea. The only thought is maybe to clone out the armrest in the foreground, its distracting, this shot would be PERFECT w/o it. Easier said than done tho I know!

3a is my favorite gem in this whole series. What a cute idea. I am very curious to hear what the family thinks. I get rq too for "different" family portraits with "character" and I just may have to borrow this idea. Very well executed!

4b is great, the shooting angle works perfect here.

When you BW convert, do you add (colorize) a bit too? These don't look true "stark" BW on my screen, its a very nice and warm effect.

as always, love to see your work!!! sounds like you've been busy!

Thanks so much! I'm loving the new camera. Going to FF is a bit odd, but I'm starting to get used to it - and rethink my lenses! YIKES! I hope I make a lot on these shoots!

As for the ideas, most of them just happen with the different families. They all react and act differently and I think doing photos outside instead of in a studio allows more freedom for them to be themselves - and for me to capture them. And then I apply those ideas to the different families - and they all turn out with their own little styles! Borrow away! :D

As for 2b, it's fun hearing other people's takes on photos! I actually like the arm rest, but can see why others wouldn't! I'll have to play and see if I can take it out. (It's a bit of a crop so I probably can pretty easily.) Hmmm, I wonder which the family would choose?

You noticed! Yup, I colorize just *slightly* to give a tad bit of warmth. It's a bit of a golden brown - not really a sepia, but close. I've been doing that for a while and think, like you mentioned, that it warms the photos up and feels nice. Some people like it, some don't.

Thanks, all!