FS: Canon EF 24-85 USM Lens

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited February 15, 2005 in Flea Market
For sale: Canon EF 24-85 f3.5-4.5 USM Lens with EW-73II hood - $250

Includes box, caps, docs.

Ultra-wide zoom lens with portrait-length telephoto capability. By having multiple lens groups move during zooming, the lens was made compact and lightweight. The Aspherical element suppresses distortion. High contrast is maintained at all focal lengths and sharp images are obtained.

PM me.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    Price Reduced!
    fish wrote:
    For sale: Canon EF 24-85 f3.5-4.5 USM Lens with EW-73II hood - $250

Includes box, caps, docs.

Ultra-wide zoom lens with portrait-length telephoto capability. By having multiple lens groups move during zooming, the lens was made compact and lightweight. The Aspherical element suppresses distortion. High contrast is maintained at all focal lengths and sharp images are obtained.

PM me.

$220 including shipping. deal.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited February 10, 2005
    bump...aw c'mon, there's gotta be somebody out there who wants this really sharp lens.

Make an offer.
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    This is the lens that's on the top of my list when I get my 20D. Unfortunately, that 20D will be in my hands in about 2 months. I wish I could get it now!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
    edited February 10, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    This is the lens that's on the top of my list when I get my 20D. Unfortunately, that 20D will be in my hands in about 2 months. I wish I could get it now!
    Well, you could get the lens and wait for the body... :)
    edited February 11, 2005
    ^Hold that thought...If I can find a 20D body only for cheap enough, I just might buy the body only, and buy this lens you're selling. I would need to find the body for about $1300, which I'm sure I may have a hard time finding from a reputable dealer.

Just curious....Is this the black or silver version of the lens?
    -Steven

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Cashin' up for that 70-200 f/2.8 'eh lad ?
    edited February 11, 2005
    ^Someday...icon10.gif
    -Steven

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    ^Someday...icon10.gif
    No ...i mean that cranky old %$#@ fish
    edited February 11, 2005
    ^Oops, my mistake.yelrotflmao.gifBut still.
    -Steven

edited February 11, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    ^Hold that thought...If I can find a 20D body only for cheap enough, I just might buy the body only, and buy this lens you're selling. I would need to find the body for about $1300, which I'm sure I may have a hard time finding from a reputable dealer.

Just curious....Is this the black or silver version of the lens?
    I wasn't aware they made it in silver...so no, it's black.

fwiw, ibuydigital.com and dbuys.com (same outfit, I think) have it for about $1300. I've purchased from ibuydigital.com and it worked out okay.

Adorama has it for $1388 shipped...won't that work for you?

pipe down, humungus. at least I HAVE a camera. :heh
    edited February 11, 2005
    I guess it won't work out. Parent's don't want me to get it online because if anything is wrong with the camera, it will be a lot harder returning it than just driving it back to Costco. Sorry.bncry.gif
    -Steven

edited February 11, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    I guess it won't work out. Parent's don't want me to get it online because if anything is wrong with the camera, it will be a lot harder returning it than just driving it back to Costco. Sorry.bncry.gif
    parents? you're a kid? eek7.gif

I was lucky to use my dad's twin-lens reflex as a kid.
    edited February 11, 2005
    Yes, I am a kid. That's actually me in my avatar drinking my favorite drink...A Red Bull!
    -Steven

• lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:

I bought my 20D at buydig.com a couple of weeks ago. Normally I buy my bodies and lenses at a local store, but just couldn't afford it this time. It's a good'un.

Also have the 24-85, and it performs amazingly better on the 20D than it did on the 10D. So I don't have L lust as badly, this is a great buy!

Lynne