MeGaMaX Ultra FactoR

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited November 14, 2006 in People
Howdy guys! Was just playing around with a pic of Tania. I dunno, commercial nowadays are just sooo extremely exaggerated, and every time I see commercial, I think "Well, everbody KNOW that's not true!" (But obviosly that's not the case, since it does the trick?) But still, I'm sorta drawn to commercial in a photograpic and graphical way. So, this is a result of my mixed feelings about commercial - deliberately extra exaggerated to give it a touch of parodi. :D

Regards / Matty

110080575-O.jpg

Comments

• NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    Awesome!
    It is great, I love the portrait you used for this. It is absolutly stunning!
    The only minor complaint I have is that I find the large reflection of the softbox in her eye a bit distracting. Maybe because it covers half of the pupil?

Very cool model!
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    Very sexy, very Glamour magazine!

The softbox might be a bit too large, but I would not worry about it. Love the extra glossy lips!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    i love your pictures, but i don't understand how you have time to do stuff like that just for fun. sure, they're kinda funny, but i'm more into the actual pictures. i have a great sense of humor, but i don't find these parody pictures to be funny or interesting. if you were doing some realistic product shots, not parody, that would be great.

sorry if i'm being a spoilsport!
  • Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i love your pictures, but i don't understand how you have time to do stuff like that just for fun. sure, they're kinda funny, but i'm more into the actual pictures. i have a great sense of humor, but i don't find these parody pictures to be funny or interesting. if you were doing some realistic product shots, not parody, that would be great.

I'm guessing he may be more proficient at the technique than you or I and therefore can whip these out quicker than me at least! I love this technique... the airbrushing technique alone intriques me and I believe makes for a more stunning portrait.

Kudos for a job well done.

PS: If nothing else, it serves as great material for a portfolio in the event that he is looking for this kind of work.
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    PS: If nothing else, it serves as great material for a portfolio in the event that he is looking for this kind of work.

i think this wouldn't be taken seriously in a portfolio for that kind of work. he could use his excellent talents to make real product ads.
  • DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    great shot!, same thing with the eye,the giant white light is a bit distracting, and that is the biggest bottle of lip gloss i've ever seen
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    Aw, binghott, ease up, humor is good for you! lol3.gif

Love the shot of the model, and the idea, Elving.

The bottle looks fake, and it might be because the direction of the light on the bottle is from the wrong side, compared to the light on the model.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    Thank you! Yes, I have begun to understand that many find large softbox reflections rather distracting, but I can't help it - I just love it! I have always been a sucker for catchlights of differnt kind.

Matty
    Nordic wrote:
    Awesome!
    It is great, I love the portrait you used for this. It is absolutly stunning!
    The only minor complaint I have is that I find the large reflection of the softbox in her eye a bit distracting. Maybe because it covers half of the pupil?

Very cool model!
    edited November 14, 2006
    Thank you! You know, when I snapped this particular pic (first in a serie) she hadn't yet applied any lip gloss - so I had to fake it. :D

Matty
    JimM wrote:
    Very sexy, very Glamour magazine!

The softbox might be a bit too large, but I would not worry about it. Love the extra glossy lips!
    edited November 14, 2006
    No problemo, man! I use to hang around at the Canon forum at dpreview, so I'm rather hardened! :D

I don't understand what you mean by "I don't understand how you have the time to do stuff like that just for fun" though? For me, photograhpy is (yet) a hobby, and primarely something I do just for the fun of it. I didn't take this pic for this purpose. I just swayed off track a little while post processing, I didn't put in much energy to make it realistic (The light of the big lip gloss doesn't match the portrait for example). The original pic included the same lip gloss, but natural size.
    Just for the record - when doing this montage, I had (more seriously) been PP for hours. When looking back at it, I realize it's not exaggerated enough to be funny, but more weird. *Haha* It's not very funny, I agree!

109559069-L.jpg

binghott wrote:

edited November 14, 2006
    Thank you! thumb.gif Yes, it didn't take me very long to do this montage. Perhaps 10 minutes, and that includes snapping a new pic of the gloss.
    You know, the orignal pic was already finished. This was just a silly side project...

Regards / Matty
    I'm guessing he may be more proficient at the technique than you or I and therefore can whip these out quicker than me at least! I love this technique... the airbrushing technique alone intriques me and I believe makes for a more stunning portrait.

Kudos for a job well done.

edited November 14, 2006
    Haha! Don't worry! I wouldn't put this pic in a serious portfolio! I HAVE a serious version.....

Matty
    binghott wrote:
    i think this wouldn't be taken seriously in a portfolio for that kind of work. he could use his excellent talents to make real product ads.
    edited November 14, 2006
    Haha! I just can't help it, I'm a sucker for big softbox reflections! :D

You know, I meant to be more witty with this parodi. But I was a bit tired and "slow" at the time. But the idea from the beginning was to mock the trend with megasized, ultrafake silicon lips. Hehe! I think there is a market for that supersized lip gloss out there! rolleyes1.gif

Derno wrote:
    great shot!, same thing with the eye,the giant white light is a bit distracting, and that is the biggest bottle of lip gloss i've ever seen
    edited November 14, 2006
    Thank you! Yes, I know... I didn't put in much effort to make it look realistic. I just fooled around a few minutes for the fun of it, after a few hours of "serious" pp.

Matty
    wxwax wrote:
    Aw, binghott, ease up, humor is good for you! lol3.gif

Love the shot of the model, and the idea, Elving.

The bottle looks fake, and it might be because the direction of the light on the bottle is from the wrong side, compared to the light on the model.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    Maybe relabeling the gloss "Phatte Lippe" or some such would help bring the joke across...
    edited November 14, 2006
    Yes! Hahaha! mwink.gif
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Maybe relabeling the gloss "Phatte Lippe" or some such would help bring the joke across...