front page is messed up however I never touched the code

sthigsthig Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
edited November 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hey I logged onto my smugmug account today and noticed my front page is awkward however I've not messed with the code at all.

Here is my account:
http://www.scojobo.com/ (I'm sure I can hear the groan of Mike and Andy from here).

The problem is my slideshow is overlapping my wording (however, like I said, I set the code several months back and have not touched it for fear of something like this)

How do I fix this?

thanks!
Scott
-Scott
photos: Scojobo.com
illos: sThig.com

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 13, 2006
    sthig wrote:
    Hey I logged onto my smugmug account today and noticed my front page is awkward however I've not messed with the code at all.

Here is my account:
    http://www.scojobo.com/ (I'm sure I can hear the groan of Mike and Andy from here).

The problem is my slideshow is overlapping my wording (however, like I said, I set the code several months back and have not touched it for fear of something like this)

How do I fix this?

thanks!
    Scott

Hi Scott,

Well, I don't know what happened to it, but this will fix it. Add the red to your code:

#bioBox
    {
    dispaly: inline;
    font-family: sans-serif;
    font-size: small;
    display: block;
    text-align: center;
    margin: -3px 0cm 0cm 0cm;
    padding-left: 10px;
    padding-right: 210px;
    padding-top: 80px;
    background: #D9D9E2 url('http://scojobo.smugmug.com/photos/69623548-L.gif') no-repeat scroll top right;
    border-bottom:1px solid #DCDDDE;
    border-top:0px;
    }
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • sthigsthig Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    hey thanks for the fast response and I appreciate it!

Now the biobox is covering up the slideshow. Did I do something wrong?
    -Scott
    edited November 13, 2006
    sthig wrote:
    hey thanks for the fast response and I appreciate it!

Now the biobox is covering up the slideshow. Did I do something wrong?

Hi Scott,

Did you change anything else? When I made that change before, it was working.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited November 13, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Scott,

Did you change anything else? When I made that change before, it was working.

no just that change. I mean I did change the wording in my bio AFTERWARDS but that was to see if it'd fix it.
    -Scott
    edited November 13, 2006
    sthig wrote:
    no just that change. I mean I did change the wording in my bio AFTERWARDS but that was to see if it'd fix it.

I'll look again ... I did notice you have display: inline and display: block. Think one of those needs to go. And display is spelled wrong. Not sure if that matters.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited November 13, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    I'll look again ... I did notice you have display: inline and display: block. Think one of those needs to go. And display is spelled wrong. Not sure if that matters.

odd, it's not spelled wrong when I look at it, or I maybe looking somewhere else
    -Scott
    edited November 13, 2006
    sthig wrote:
    odd, it's not spelled wrong when I look at it, or I maybe looking somewhere else

I fixed it :)

Okay, if I add back the padding-top: 80px; it seems to work okay. Can you try that again? Leave everything else as is.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited November 13, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    I fixed it :)

Okay, if I add back the padding-top: 80px; it seems to work okay. Can you try that again? Leave everything else as is.

okay I'm looking at it both through IE and FF. The background picture that was there is not there anymore and it's overlapped the slideshow.

For the record, I was trying to modfiy while you were so that may have been something why it wasn't working.

I will not touch my cust. settings until I hear back from you. But at the moment, the bio is overlapping the slideshow and the bg image that I had (that is supposed to match up with the slideshow) is gone
    -Scott
    edited November 13, 2006
    sthig wrote:
    okay I'm looking at it both through IE and FF. The background picture that was there is not there anymore and it's overlapped the slideshow.

For the record, I was trying to modfiy while you were so that may have been something why it wasn't working.

I will not touch my cust. settings until I hear back from you. But at the moment, the bio is overlapping the slideshow and the bg image that I had (that is supposed to match up with the slideshow) is gone

Okay, I'll be honest, I'm not sure what is wrong. Why don't you put it back the way it was (minus the padding-top that I added) and I'll holler for someone else to come take a look. That is the only change you made, right? Part of my problem now is that I am not sure what it is supposed to look like.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited November 13, 2006
    sthig wrote:

Scott, before you change anything, look now and see if it's right. Be sure to look at it logged out.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited November 13, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    Scott, before you change anything, look now and see if it's right. Be sure to look at it logged out.

close but I'll show you in a screengrab

296500692_0c035fe3f7_o.jpg

See the bottom of the slideshow and the top of the BG in the biobox? Those used to connect and that's what I wanted to snugly fit again
    -Scott
    edited November 13, 2006
    what it looks like on FF right now is this

296504331_7b5874b73f_o.jpg

Also, see the five boxes? I once had "no space" underneath them...how do I eleminate all that empty space?
    -Scott
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    I managed to line everything with the following.
    /* userbio */
    #bioBox
    {
    display: inline;
    font-family: sans-serif;
    font-size: small;
    text-align: center;
    margin: [COLOR=Lime]79px[/COLOR] 0cm 0cm 0cm;
    padding-left: 10px;
    padding-right: 210px;
    padding-top: 80px;
    background: #D9D9E2 url('http://scojobo.smugmug.com/photos/69623548-L.gif') no-repeat scroll top right;
    border-bottom:1px solid #DCDDDE;
    border-top:0px;
    }

/* Slideshow/BioBox */
    .homepage #myslideshow
    {
    padding-top: 2em;
    padding-bottom: -100px;
    text-align:center;
    margin: -10px [COLOR=Lime]-.05cm[/COLOR] -7em 0cm;

}

Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    px, cm and em on one line of margins.... scary.

While you are all working on this, make sure to check it in other browsers as well.... just a tip.... I know I've forgotten in the past :uhoh
    edited November 13, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    px, cm and em on one line of margins.... scary.

While you are all working on this, make sure to check it in other browsers as well.... just a tip.... I know I've forgotten in the past :uhoh

Okay, check it now. Looks okay in IE logged out, FF logged out. I think ... gads ...
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited November 13, 2006
    perfect! that worked

if you got a second, how do I get rid of that empty space underneath my five boxes (see image above)
    -Scott