Options

print order status?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited November 14, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
[SIZE=+0]I e-mailed the help@smugmug.com yesterday but no reply. :cry

Anyway, yesterday I recieved an e-mail from a customer who placed two print orders the first week of November week with Express shipping. She hasn't recieved either order-- though she has recieved an order she placed AFTER one of these. My print sales area just indicates these orders are "processing and printing" -- even though I hit "ship it" over a week ago. Shouldn't these have shipped by now? :scratch Any help would be appreciated.

order # 198677
order # 198967 (a replacement order)

[/SIZE]

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    order # 198677

order # 198967 (a replacement order)[/QUOTE]
    Both orders had a 7-day proof delay on them. I don't know why they haven't shipped yet but we'll check. Pete, in the future, if you don't mind, you'll get faster and better support on this type of issue if you mail our Support Heroes directly, www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal :) Thanks!

I or another team member will respond in-thread here later.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    order # 198967 (a replacement order)
    Both orders had a 7-day proof delay on them. I don't know why they haven't shipped yet but we'll check. Pete, in the future, if you don't mind, you'll get faster and better support on this type of issue if you mail our Support Heroes directly, www.smugmug.com/emailreal :) Thanks!

I or another team member will respond in-thread here later.[/quote]

Thanks Andy. I didn't know about that other email. I know they had 7-day proof delay, but I retouched both orders, replaced the photos, and hit "ship-it" the same day they were ordered. The replacement order was an express order too. Thanks for looking into this.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:

Wait, how does this work? I click the link and it just takes me to the smugmug home page. How do I e-mail from there? Or is it emailreal@smugmug.com?

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Wait, how does this work? I click the link and it just takes me to the smugmug home page. How do I e-mail from there? Or is it emailreal@smugmug.com?
    What Andy was trying to say is: http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    What Andy was trying to say is: http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Still confused... headscratch.gif

This url lists the help@smugmug.com e-mail. I did try e-mailing that address. Yesterday. And never heard back. That's the purpose of my post here today.

So I'm still confused-- who should I e-mail with print issues/problems/concerns?

• Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:

Yeah, Andy was trying to get you to a page that explained how to contact us as Ivar was eplaining also.

As for your print problem, I have looked into this and I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we don't know what happened here. Even if you hadn't hit the ship it button, it should have arrived at our print lab a week before it did. I don't have much to say right now other than that we are going to be gathering more information and trying to figure out what went on here. Don will be notified also. The good news is that I have upgraded the shipping to Next Business Day shipping. I know that this doesn't fix the problem. But it will cut down on the shipping time. This upgrade in shipping is on Smugmug. We hope that you will accept our apology and also our vowe to get to the bottom of this incident to prevent it from happening again.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Still confused... headscratch.gif

This url lists the help e-mail. I did try e-mailing that address. Yesterday. And never heard back. That's the purpose of my post here today.

So I'm still confused-- who should I e-mail with print issues/problems/concerns?
    Yes, use that email address. I'm not sure why you didn't get a response. We're usually very fast. We'll see if your email got stuck in the spam folder for some reason. But you should be able to reach us there. You can ask for Dustin. He's a pretty helpful fella.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    Thando wrote:
    Yeah, Andy was trying to get you to a page that explained how to contact us as Ivar was eplaining also.

I appreciate the help and info. So the customer should get the prints by say, Friday, right?

Well, I sure appreciate Andy's help (as usual). I'm just double-checking though-- in this situation (my original post)-- is there something I should have done differently? I thought I was following the proper protocol-- e-mail help@smugmug.com, wait a day, and post here if there's no response? I'm really not trying to be pushy or demanding... I swear! Just trying to figure out the best way to let SM know I need help with a print order.

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    I appreciate the help and info. So the customer should get the prints by say, Friday, right?

Well, I sure appreciate Andy's help (as usual). I'm just double-checking though-- in this situation (my original post)-- is there something I should have done differently? I thought I was following the proper protocol-- e-mail help@smugmug.com, wait a day, and post here if there's no response? I'm really not trying to be pushy or demanding... I swear! Just trying to figure out the best way to let SM know I need help with a print order.

Hi Pete :)

You did the right thing by emailing help. Why you did not get a response is a mystery. It's possible your email ended up in the spam folder and was not caught. We answer emails quickly, so we certainly apologize that yours was not responded to in a timely manner.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    Thando wrote:

As for your print problem, I have looked into this and I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we don't know what happened here. Even if you hadn't hit the ship it button, it should have arrived at our print lab a week before it did. I don't have much to say right now other than that we are going to be gathering more information and trying to figure out what went on here. Don will be notified also. The good news is that I have upgraded the shipping to Next Business Day shipping. I know that this doesn't fix the problem. But it will cut down on the shipping time. This upgrade in shipping is on Smugmug. We hope that you will accept our apology and also our vowe to get to the bottom of this incident to prevent it from happening again.
    I'm sorry. I made a mistake. It is 7 business days not just 7 days. So, that means that we did auto ship it on time. I'm still going to be looking into this. If you pressed the ship it button, it should have gone to our print lab already.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    Thando wrote:
    I'm sorry. I made a mistake. It is 7 business days not just 7 days. So, that means that we did auto ship it on time. I'm still going to be looking into this. If you pressed the ship it button, it should have gone to our print lab already.

I DID hit the ship it button after replacing these photos. Both orders say they are processing and printing-- but they've said that for over a week now. EZ Prints doesn't take that long to print, do they? On express orders? And how did they already ship an order that was placed after these?

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    I DID hit the ship it button after replacing these photos. Both orders say they are processing and printing-- but they've said that for over a week now. EZ Prints doesn't take that long to print, do they? On express orders? And how did they already ship an order that was placed after these?
    They do not take this long. Thando is investigating.

Pete, we've always rec'd your emails at our help desk - not sure what happened yesterday.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Pete, we've always rec'd your emails at our help desk - not sure what happened yesterday.

Yeah, I know. That's why I try to wait a reasonable period before posting here too. Definitely don't want to be a pest-- I know SM has a lot of other people to deal with besides me so thanks for checking in on this. Usually, everything is smooth so there's no reason to email or post. Thanks again for checking everything out.