Options

Ron Reznick ain't coming to Merritt Island 4

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited January 12, 2007 in Wildlife
Hi Y'all,

I have just spoken to Ron Reznick and he will be joining us at the Merritt Island 4 Wildlife Shoot from 2/4/211/2007. If you don’t know Ron he’s a highly respected photographer and photography instructor. http://www.digital-images.net/

Ron is the man who basically taught me photography. Many of the best wildlife shooters I know have taken Ron’s workshops.

Anyhow Ron had taken a hiatus from conducting workshops for around a year but he has started them up again. He is willing to conduct one to two group sessions for 8-10 shooters each during Merritt Island 4 and possibly individual sessions if there is enough interest. The sessions also include post-processing instruction. The group sessions will run two days.

I can’t give you an exact price for the group sessions at this time because the final cost will be determined by how many folks sign up for the sessions. A ball park figure would be around $600. You can also take just the shooting part of the workshop w/o the post-processing portion or vice-versa.

If you are interested PM me with the dates you would like. If you need additional info please shoot me your questions.

Having taken Ron’s training and having seen the quantum leap in the quality of my photography since Ron’s workshop I can only give this opportunity my highest recommendation.
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    I've got a couple questions for you Harry. Would it be as helpful for a Canon shooter to take his workshop, specifically the processing portion since I believe he teaches processing with Nikon Capture. Do you know what locations we will be shooting at during the workshops? And finally, when would you need a deposit, or the full amount by? Thanks Harry.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I've got a couple questions for you Harry. Would it be as helpful for a Canon shooter to take his workshop, specifically the processing portion since I believe he teaches processing with Nikon Capture. Do you know what locations we will be shooting at during the workshops? And finally, when would you need a deposit, or the full amount by? Thanks Harry.
    Nick I can tell you that Ron is going to work with a canon camera and by the time you all are shooting at merritt will have a lot to share on canon as well as nikon Jeff
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2006
    gluwater wrote:

Hey Nick,

I'm still working on the details with Ron so bear with us for a bit. I'll check about the post processing part of the workshop for ya. Remember that you don't have to sign up for that portion of his workshop. The shooting portion is not brand specific. Ron's processing instruction is about concepts that can be used in most processing software. When I took his workshop and on his DVDs he demonstrated those concepts with Nikon's Capture.

Ron will be doing his workshops at the Space Coast locations so they will be at the Viera or Orlando Wetlands or Merritt Island NWR.

Once we get an idea of how many are interested in doing the workshops I'll be able to provide dates, locations cost and deposit amounts.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    Harry:

I would like to come to the shoot, the shooting class, and perhaps the post work if it revolves around PS.

Where/How do I sign up. Due to work committments I would probably come Thursday - Saturday. Is that possible?

Zanotti
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:
    Harry:

I would like to come to the shoot, the shooting class, and perhaps the post work if it revolves around PS.

Where/How do I sign up. Due to work committments I would probably come Thursday - Saturday. Is that possible?

Zanotti

You just signed up for the shoot. :Ddeal.gif

Thursday to Sunday is fine. I will put you on the list for Ron's workshop and I'll get back to you with further info. Don't hesitate to PM me or post any questions you have,
    Harry
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Ron's processing instruction is about concepts that can be used in most processing software.
    This is what I was looking for. I would like to take both parts, shooting and processing. Thanks for the info Harry and there is no rush.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2006
    REZNICK WORKSHOP
    Here’s the info on Ron’s workshops during the MI IV shoot.

There will be two two-day workshops during the shoot. The first will be from 2/5-2/6 and the second will be from 2/8-2/9. The approximate cost will be $650.00. Once we get a final number on the participants and Ron’s expenses we will be able to give you an exact amount.

If you want to attend please PM me and let me know what dates you want. Also a deposit of $300 will be required. Your deposit check should be sent to Ron as soon as possible. The checks should be mailed to:

One Night Management Trust
    Ron Reznick
    636 E. Harvard Road
    Unit B
    Burbank, CA 91501

The balance of your payment will be due during your workshop.

If you have a laptop/notebook please bring it with you for the classroom portion of the training.
    Harry
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2007
    CENTER]REZNICK WORKSHOP UPDATE[/CENTER]
    I just spoke to Ron this afternoon and he told me that out of the 18 or so folks who expressed an interest in the workshop only 5 have sent in deposits.

Ron can not travel from the west coast to the east coast if only 5 people want to take the workshop. The break even point is 10 participants.

So if you want to take the workshop you must get off your duff and send your deposit to Ron ASAP. ASAP in this case means immediately not next week. Ron has to arrange to ship his gear, get a room, and airplane tickets. I have to find a space for the classroom portion of the training and this cannot be done w/o a minimum of 10 participants.

I really don't know what else to say at this point. I have no finanacial interest in this, in fact its easier on me if the training gets cancelled (one less thing I have to handle).

I just hate to see folks miss an opportunity. You have heard past workshop participants rave about the workshop and the results it produces. In this case you have the chance to take Ron's workshop w/o incurring the additional travel expenses that you would incur if you take it at a later date.

If you want to do the training please get your deposit off immediately and PM me. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail, PM, or call me on the electical telephone.

The ball is in your court.
    Harry
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2007
    Hi y'all,

I have just spoken to Ron and we have decided to scrub his cancelled workshops at the MI IV shoot. There just wasn't enough folks signed up for the workshop for Ron to take the time out of his busy schedule and fly across the country.

My apolgies to the 8 who sent in their deposit checks.
    Harry