What a set of Pipes

OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited November 17, 2006 in Technique
:dunno Was trying to illustrate a system of pipes for the photo chalenge but to no avail. Any suggestions.....109554311-M.jpg

Comments

• danny ddanny d Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    pipes
    Maybe try using a wide angle lens and shooting as close as possbile on and angle at 30 degrees, this would add depth and dimension to the pipes. The current composition is rather boring in my opinion.
  • OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    Thanks I will try that
  • NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    I'm not sure what the original looked like, but whatever you used to mask off the background and fill it in again looks really sloppy. Try using a feathering tool, or maybe shooting so that the background doesn't need to be erased like that.
    Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...
    I'm not sure what the original looked like, but whatever you used to mask off the background and fill it in again looks really sloppy. Try using a feathering tool, or maybe shooting so that the background doesn't need to be erased like that.
    I agree w/ Master Pastor. The way he worded his comment, I think a more fitting name would be Master Blaster :gun2.

There are a ton of techniques that lets photoshop do the work for you. Using a graphic tablet makes this chore much easier though.
    Try starting here and see where it takes you.
    I like the concept though. If you use a background that creates juxtaposition. I think you'll have much better results if you incorporate these two thoughts.
    Good luck w/ the competition.
  • OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Thanks for the comments, good ideas

I did have issues in removing the background which was a plain wall of a nowhere color.....