Silhouette Question

BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
edited November 17, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This isn't my photo ( it's Sascha Hüttenhain's found on photo.net ) but I was wondering if a photo this style would be allowed to use. Not a full silhouette but a large shadow still showing what the subject it. Would something like this qualify?:dunno

4887399mdow6.jpg
Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal

Comments

• imagin'imagin' Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Brett wrote:
    This isn't my photo ( it's Sascha Hüttenhain's found on photo.net ) but I was wondering if a photo this style would be allowed to use. Not a full silhouette but a large shadow still showing what the subject it. Would something like this qualify?ne_nau.gif

I'm not in the jury for the top 10 but I would definitely vote... Assuming it is original of course.
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    To my way of thinking (though I'm also not a judge) this would qualify for the spirit of "silhouette." Although the model is clearly nude, I don't think of this as a nude photo in the sense of "no nude photos." To me, it's all about intent.

It's a gorgeous photo. . . .
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    Bottom line is that if you feel Silhouette when you are about to post the shot.

Do it (your shot of course).
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 17, 2006
    Tommyboy wrote:
    To my way of thinking (though I'm also not a judge) this would qualify for the spirit of "silhouette." Although the model is clearly nude, I don't think of this as a nude photo in the sense of "no nude photos." To me, it's all about intent.
    There is no strict "no nude" policy... in light of the photo referenced above, its OK. We have a "family/kid-safe" policy. Granted, everyone may have a slightly different take on that, but since I'm the host here I'll give you my take: I would have no problems permitting it into the challenge.

As for whether it fits the theme, as a judge, I can't comment. Good luck!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    I think this both fits the theme and is a fantastic picture on its own!