Just joined the site. Disc Dog World Championships

OlympusAnnOlympusAnn Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited November 16, 2006 in Sports
Hello,

I'm Ann. I live in northern California. I just got a smugmug account and have posted some new albums with shots from the Disc Dog World Championships in Scottsdale, Arizona.

I hope I can be a positive contributor here.

I don't know if a link will show up for my albums, so I'll post the url here.

Thank you.

www.scenicphotos4u.smugmug.com
Appreciate what we have, instead of worrying about what we haven't. Enjoy what is, before it isn't.

Comments

• klmclaughlinklmclaughlin Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Welcome to the forum from another newbie. I shoot my kids' soccer and put them on my smugmug site for the other parents. I just looked at your site. It appears that we all have similar challenges: getting close to the action and capturing the interesting action moments. I love the 6th shot (close up) of the dog's face. You are obviously passionate about what you do. Keep shooting, and try to reach as close to your action as possible with the equipment you have. Good luck and again, welcome.
    Enjoying the process of learning.
  • OlympusAnnOlympusAnn Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Welcome to the forum from another newbie. I shoot my kids' soccer and put them on my smugmug site for the other parents. I just looked at your site. It appears that we all have similar challenges: getting close to the action and capturing the interesting action moments. I love the 6th shot (close up) of the dog's face. You are obviously passionate about what you do. Keep shooting, and try to reach as close to your action as possible with the equipment you have. Good luck and again, welcome.
    Thank you. That was someone's Kelpie in the easy-up next door. My goal was to get the dogs leaping for the dics, catching them with the owners also in the picture. A lot of owners like to have a crowd in the picture so they can show that they were at an event, so I backed up with those ones. And they like to look back on them to see what their positions were at the time, to make corrections later. Hense the variations in shots.

Plus, you have to be fast to catch a speeding dog before it runs out of the shot. And gauge where they're going to be in your shot. I'm more of a scenic/still/wedding photographer (www.scenicphotos4u.com), and although I've been photographing my brother-in-law with their 3 dogs for 3 years now, this action stuff is still a bit new to me. I have much to learn yet.

Ann
    Appreciate what we have, instead of worrying about what we haven't. Enjoy what is, before it isn't.
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    i only looked @ a few pics...the dog w/ the fresbie and the pony was nice...maybe post bigger pics on your smugmug acct...i think 800X600 is a good size
    edited November 15, 2006
    i only looked @ a few pics...the dog w/ the fresbie and the pony was nice...maybe post bigger pics on your smugmug acct...i think 800X600 is a good size
    The pictures in the album with the dog & pony are only sample shots for my "me" section.
    All the rest of the picture are bigger ones.

Ann
    edited November 15, 2006
    OlympusAnn wrote:
    The pictures in the album with the dog & pony are only sample shots for my "me" section.
    All the rest of the picture are bigger ones.

Ann

the story of my life...the ones i randomly click on are the small ones
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Hi, and welcome! You have some nice stuff there, but in my experience this forum is more of "show me here" group. In other words, you would probably get more replies and exposure if you post some examples directly in the thread instead of having folks surf your site for themselves.

Here's the thread to show you how deal.gif
    edited November 15, 2006
    the story of my life...the ones i randomly click on are the small ones
    All right, thank you. I will have to include that the pictures in certain albums are the small ones. I forgot that I added another one just last night to the fold.

As for posting samples in here, I wasn't sure if that's what I should have done on my first post or not. Thanks.

Ann
    edited November 16, 2006
    OlympusAnn wrote:
    All right, thank you. I will have to include that the pictures in certain albums are the small ones. I forgot that I added another one just last night to the fold.

As for posting samples in here, I wasn't sure if that's what I should have done on my first post or not. Thanks.

Ann

to be honest the only reason I went to your album is because you are new...most of us look at alot of posts so we prefer to see the pics here...but a link to a larger version of a pic is sometimes a good idea
    edited November 16, 2006
    to be honest the only reason I went to your album is because you are new...most of us look at alot of posts so we prefer to see the pics here...but a link to a larger version of a pic is sometimes a good idea
    Ok, I'll do that from now on then. Thanks for being understanding.

Ann
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    OlympusAnn wrote:
    Ok, I'll do that from now on then. Thanks for being understanding.

Ann
    Hi Ann, welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

Feel free to post photos here (see my link in my signature on how to do most anything) and comment on everyone and everything. Don't be afraid to tell the truth, we want you to post lots and lots here, okay?

love this one: http://scenicphotos4U.smugmug.com/photos/110226800-L.jpg :D
    Welcome to the family wings.gif
    edited November 16, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Ann, welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

Feel free to post photos here (see my link in my signature on how to do most anything) and comment on everyone and everything. Don't be afraid to tell the truth, we want you to post lots and lots here, okay?

Welcome to the family wings.gif
    Thanks. I figured that since my first post was just an introduction, I should just limit any shots to my album.
    I did start commenting on some of the posts I felt I could contribute to, even if to say what I liked about the shots.

Since this is the sports forum, I'll post one of my favorite shots. This was taken last month before the big AZ event. I wanted to get the expression of the owner when his dog caught the disc. I belong to another photo forum and the layout is similar, so I think I can figure it out. Ok, it worked the 2nd time around.

Ann
    110526423-L.jpg