Options

thank you note

leiftvleiftv Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
edited November 15, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is it possible to have a thank you email go out automatically when an order is placed?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    leiftv wrote:
    Is it possible to have a thank you email go out automatically when an order is placed?
    Hi, yes, if you send it :D We do not have an automated email facilty though, I'm sorry.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    I do send a thank you email with every order I receive. It only takes a second. Mine is something like this...

Hi XXXX,

I wanted to thank you for your order and your support of ______ organization (10% of the profits from the sale of the pictures go to the organization).

Your order will be shipping shortly. The printing company I use offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on the prints, so if you are not happy for any reason, please let me know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    I send a thank you to everyone who orders prints/downloads from me-- and I write a new, individual message for everyone. We all know what automated replies look like-- it's just my personal feeling that my customers appreciate the extra touch/attention in a non-automated e-mail thank you. Photography is a very competitive field these days-- anything you can do to stand out and show your customers you're unique and dedicated to customer service seems to make sense to me.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    I think writing a thank you note is a great idea, and great for business.

Please remember that the email you receive with the order that is placed, does not come from your customers, but from us mwink.gif