keyword searching on private galleries...Dead?

sudermattsudermatt Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited November 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
having the ability to use keyword searches on private galleries is very important to me.

I can use it to give specific people special links to view photos of them in a galary of 100's of pictures....it sems like a nice way to present different views into the same galary of pictures.

shooting mostly kids, using private gallaries is a must for me.

I know it's been discussed, but I haven't seen anything on it for awhile. Is the issue dead? has smug decided to just forgettaboutit?

I was hoping to re-open the issue.

thaanks,
Matt

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Once possible solution requires an upgrade to a Power User account.

You create a category called "Private photos" and use customisation to prevent it from showing on the front page. Make all of your galleries public, and place them in this category. Then use customisation to ensure that no galleries appear when you look inside this category (to prevent people from browsing from one event to another). Finally use customisation to prevent your keywords list from appearing on the site (to prevent random people from just clicking on the keyword).

As far as smugmug is concerned, the galleries will be public, and the keywords are accessible. However, as far as the outside world is concerned, the galleries are still hidden.

Note: the photos will be accessible to anyone using keywords / search from the main smugmug site, but they will no doubt be hidden within the mass of all the photos appearing in the results.
  • sudermattsudermatt Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    sounds do-able
    I am a pro user

but not when it comes to the customization

can you give me some clues as to how to do this?

thanks a bunch
    Matt
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    sudermatt wrote:
    having the ability to use keyword searches on private galleries is very important to me.

I can use it to give specific people special links to view photos of them in a galary of 100's of pictures....it sems like a nice way to present different views into the same galary of pictures.

shooting mostly kids, using private gallaries is a must for me.

I know it's been discussed, but I haven't seen anything on it for awhile. Is the issue dead? has smug decided to just forgettaboutit?

I was hoping to re-open the issue.

thaanks,
    Matt
    Nothing new to report on this, I'm sorry to say. Onethumb knows that it's a feature/ability that many of you want.