Moving photos bug?

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited November 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
This happened to me today - I uploaded two photos to an invisable gallery (and before you smarty pants say anything - I mean a PRIVATE gallery!) :wink

After they both uploaded and processed fast - I then went to use the expert move to move the two photos to two different gallerys. The first moved no problem, and right away. The second did NOT move at all - until I decided after 10-15 mins to upload that photo again straight to the proper gallery. THEN there where both copies.

This has happened to be on several occasions. :dunno

Am I just a moron? :huh

My papers say I'm sane.... :deal but sometimes I wonder.

Do you hate smilies as much as I do :scratch :whip:beatwax

Altho I kinda like this one :lynnsite
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Yes, there have been some weird problems with moving photos lately. I have now had two separate instances over the course of two weeks where a photo has disappeared when moved. If I knew and used the image ID, I could view the photo directly, but it no longer appeared in any of my galleries. Smugmug's engineers had to get involved to get the photo back into my account as the regular Smugmug support people couldn't figure out what had happened. I'm not sure if Smugmug knows why this is happening as I have never heard back from them in either case, but each photo has been restored to my account within a few hours.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    Yes, there have been some weird problems with moving photos lately. I have now had two separate instances over the course of two weeks where a photo has disappeared when moved. If I knew and used the image ID, I could view the photo directly, but it no longer appeared in any of my galleries. Smugmug's engineers had to get involved to get the photo back into my account as the regular Smugmug support people couldn't figure out what had happened. I'm not sure if Smugmug knows why this is happening as I have never heard back from them in either case, but each photo has been restored to my account within a few hours.

Another problem I've seen when moving images this way was it would create 2 copies and of course place them both in the gallery, requiring me to remove one copy of each image...eek7.gif
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."