Sam - hide and seek

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 18, 2006 in People
I was just playing around with my new 5D a week or so ago and *finally* had some time to edit some of the photos! I'm *really* enjoying it! The clarity is unreal. Only real issue - more of my photos come out and I have a harder time choosing! Ack! Good thing hard drives are cheap.

Anyway, I really liked this one because her eyes are very visible through the sheer. I've done a shot like this with my 10D, but it wasn't even close.

I'd just love feedback on anything. LOL! Conversion, cropping, etc.

108856601-L.jpg

I'm a bit distracted by her second hand, but haven't taken the time to clone it out - obviously!

Thanks!

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    I was just playing around with my new 5D a week or so ago and *finally* had some time to edit some of the photos! I'm *really* enjoying it! The clarity is unreal. Only real issue - more of my photos come out and I have a harder time choosing! Ack! Good thing hard drives are cheap.

Anyway, I really liked this one because her eyes are very visible through the sheer. I've done a shot like this with my 10D, but it wasn't even close.

I'd just love feedback on anything. Laughing.gif! Conversion, cropping, etc.

108856601-Th.jpg

I'm a bit distracted by her second hand, but haven't taken the time to clone it out - obviously!

Thanks!
    I love it iloveyou.gif

you are really flooring that 5d, aren't you? I'm glad, keep 'm comingthumb.gif
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I love it iloveyou.gif

you are really flooring that 5d, aren't you? I'm glad, keep 'm comingthumb.gif

Well, thank you! Yup, it's definitely a kick! I had avoided thinking about upgrading forever so the 5D is even better than I expected! Laughing.gif!

Thanks again!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    Adorable! So you really are liking that 5D.....sigh........don't think I can justify one of those right now! :D
    edited November 16, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Adorable! So you really are liking that 5D.....sigh........don't think I can justify one of those right now! :D

Bummer for you! I'm SO surprised to have been able to get it before January... Pretty psyched!

Thanks so much!
  • ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    love this one!
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 16, 2006
    I hope you don't mind,

I really liked this one, but, like you, was troubled by the left arm.

I cropped to just above the arm, created a custom border, and expanded the canvas to an 8 x 10 portrait aspect ratio.

I think it would look great in a silver frame.

I will remove it if you wish.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited November 17, 2006
    Zoe wrote:
    love this one!

Thanks so much, Zoe!
    Ziggy53 wrote:

I hope you don't mind,

I really liked this one, but, like you, was troubled by the left arm.

I cropped to just above the arm, created a custom border, and expanded the canvas to an 8 x 10 portrait aspect ratio.

I think it would look great in a silver frame.

I will remove it if you wish.

Actually, I'm always flattered when someone takes the time to work on a photo of mine! Please don't take it down!

I really like your crop MUCH better! I have a tendency to whip through several photos that are similar at the same time and crop them all similarly without really evaluating what is the best crop for them. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that and mentioning/making the frame. I think that's a wonderful idea!

Thanks again, all!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 18, 2006
    hey momma-

neat idea and neat shot and nice conversion-

it's interesting how a crop can really make a difference-

I really like what ziggy has done to it-
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Andi, this is a really special shot. I can't decide which crop I like better. They're both great.

it's funny how different the 10 and 20D are and all the 30D got was a bigger LCD. headscratch.gif The 5 is worth the wait i'm sure!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited November 18, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    hey momma-

neat idea and neat shot and nice conversion-

it's interesting how a crop can really make a difference-

I really like what ziggy has done to it-

Thanks, George! (BTW - that's my father and my nephew's name! :D ) I really like what Ziggy did, too!
    urbanaries wrote:
    Andi, this is a really special shot. I can't decide which crop I like better. They're both great.

it's funny how different the 10 and 20D are and all the 30D got was a bigger LCD. headscratch.gif The 5 is worth the wait i'm sure!!!

Thanks, Lynne! She was a nut while I was doing this photo. I might get bored and post a few more later. She's fun!

I'm floored every day at how different the 5D is from the 10D! And not just the FF, but just the quality and speed and... and... It's definitely worth the wait! mwink.gif