Silhouette options

NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited November 17, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, here are a few ideas I have for my sihouette entry. I took these last night at my youth group, and did a little cropping color correction. Criticism, suggestions are always welcome. Thanks!

110664839-S.jpg
110664912-S.jpg
110664959-S.jpg
110664994-S.jpg
Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Well, here are a few ideas I have for my sihouette entry. I took these last night at my youth group, and did a little cropping color correction. Criticism, suggestions are always welcome. Thanks!

110664839-Th.jpg

110664912-Th.jpg

110664959-Th.jpg

110664994-Th.jpg
    #2 thumb.gif

1 is too centered for me, 3 is not silhoutte enough, and I'm just not sure what i think about 4
  • Sandy FeetSandy Feet Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    #1 is good because it seems to have a subject, however, the stage light needs to be toned down, and I'm not a big fan of centered shots either. I think the second one is my fave of the lot. I like the angle of the arch in the ceiling and the sillhouette of the guy offcenter. It lacks a bit of subject, but it is still a pleasing shot, with respect to lighting and angle.
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
    :thumb

http://imagesinsurfphotography.smugmug.com/
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    I really like #3. Its sultry, atmospheric, memorable. Great DOF and the composition with the wall on left side really draws you right in. The fact that you can see some of her features is a positive IMO. It's still obviously a silhouette....98% of her is in shadow. You could dodge a bit on her arm and leg, but I would preserve the faint detail in her face.

The other two are cool but are just "a bunch of people at a slide show."

Sometimes the challenge entries are so literal, they fail to accomplish any sort of meaning or feeling behind them. This is definitely not in that category.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    I really like the potential that #3 would have if reshot to be a true silhouette. It would be a more focused effort than trying to work with the whole group. I like'm!!