Looking to buy a second Dslr

Greywolf123Greywolf123 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 23, 2006 in Cameras
I'm looking to buy a 2nd dslr I have a 20d now which I love but I'm thinking about getting a factory refurb 20d for $999 or the Canon 30d.

So I was wondering if anyone upgraded to the 30d and is it worth the extra $300.

Thanks in advance

Owen

Or maybe I should just pull the trigger on a 5d but someone told me when canon starts handing out big rebates $300 there usally coming out with a new camera???

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    I'm looking to buy a 2nd dslr I have a 20d now which I love but I'm thinking about getting a factory refurb 20d for $999 or the Canon 30d.

So I was wondering if anyone upgraded to the 30d and is it worth the extra $300.

Thanks in advance

Owen

Or maybe I should just pull the trigger on a 5d but someone told me when canon starts handing out big rebates $300 there usally coming out with a new camera???
    As you may/may not know.. i just won the 30D here thanks to SmugMug. I have had it about 2 weeks & here is what i notice that is obvious.(had my 20D about 18 months)

1/ Rear LCD is massive compared to the 20D making viewing photos & menu in stronger light much easier.

2/ Shutter is a lot quieter

3/ More iso settings ie not higher than 1600/3200 but more inbetween the lower numbers.

Whilst these are nice improvements i doubt they would be be enough unless you need that LCD for eye sight or the lower shutter noise for concerts etc.

Just my 2 bob.
  • AsmodeusAsmodeus Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2006
    I shoot regularly with a 5D and a 20D. I actually got the 5D first but upgraded my 350D to the 20D for commonality of controls.

I find that I use the 20D for telephoto shots, taking advantage of crop factor with my 300 and 400mm lenses. The 5D usually has either the 24-70 or 70-200 on it for walkaround use or the 16-35 for landscape shots.

with the rebates the 5D is a pretty good deal and even if Canon releases a 5DMkII you won't be disappointed with the 5D.