My Contest entries

cbmazurcbmazur Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 18, 2006 in Holy Macro
Here are my two contest entries from worth1k. They did ok the first one is titled "Aura" - An invisible breath, emanation, or radiation. It placed 6th of 86 entries the second entry is titled "Reverence" - A feeling of profound awe and respect and often love; veneration. It placed 11th out of 86 entries. Tell me what you think?
278969LQsP_w.jpg

278706AFIe_w.jpg
:rambo "So we're all dog-faces. We're all very very different. But, there is one thing we all have in common. We were all stupid enough to enlist in the army. W're mutants. There's something wrong with us. Something very very wrong with us. Something seriously wrong with us. We're soldiers. But, we're American soldiers.....":rambo

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    The first shot doesn't really strike me, but I really like the flag. Nice composition and depth of field. Two little things jumped at me... the crease in the flag (the only crease showing), and the point of the second star on the right cut off.

Interesting seeing the stars & stripes in such a stark B&W. thumb.gif
    Chris
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    cbmazur wrote:
    Here are my two contest entries from worth1k. They did ok the first one is titled "Aura" - An invisible breath, emanation, or radiation. It placed 6th of 86 entries the second entry is titled "Reverence" - A feeling of profound awe and respect and often love; veneration. It placed 11th out of 86 entries. Tell me what you think?

Hi cbmazur....... I like both shots, but if you asked me to just choose one I would also go for the Flag shot, I like how the stars lead you into the image....... nicely done thumb.gif ..... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Sorry sir but i cannot see any image ne_nau.gif
    Welcome to the Forum
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • cbmazurcbmazur Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Sorry sir but i cannot see any image ne_nau.gif
    Welcome to the Forum

Sorry, I have updated the links to my photos. Also all my images at this point are coming from here in Iraq. I have limited locations to go shoot. So I make due with what I have. The greatest challenge I face out here is just getting to a good location. Thanks for the replies so far and im sorry the new images have the worth1000 mark at the bottom. but those photos should last a little longer.

CBM
    :rambo "So we're all dog-faces. We're all very very different. But, there is one thing we all have in common. We were all stupid enough to enlist in the army. W're mutants. There's something wrong with us. Something very very wrong with us. Something seriously wrong with us. We're soldiers. But, we're American soldiers.....":rambo
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    They're still not showing up for me, I typed in the URLs directly and they work.

Here are the links so others can at least click them:

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/278500/278969LQsP_w.jpg
    http://www.worth1000.com/entries/278500/278706AFIe_w.jpg

Your signature isn't bothersome at all (especially compared to some).
    Chris
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    cbmazur wrote:
    Sorry, I have updated the links to my photos. Also all my images at this point are coming from here in Iraq. I have limited locations to go shoot. So I make due with what I have. The greatest challenge I face out here is just getting to a good location. Thanks for the replies so far and im sorry the new images have the worth1000 mark at the bottom. but those photos should last a little longer.

CBM
    No not anything rolleyes1.gif
    I agree about locations in Iraq i never saw one thing about Iraq which make me think about visiting there except holy places.
    Chris links not working !
    eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery