Yahoo DNS

MaxThompsonMaxThompson Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited November 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have PRO account, my URL is picassomax.com

What I have done:

1. Changed my SmugMug settings to www.picassomax.com

2. NO forwarding or frames

3. I added CNAME www.smugmug.com

4. The directions on this site for "YAHOO" say nothing of nameservers, so I guessed ns1.smugmug and ns2.smugmug.com

DNS.gif

Problems I've noticed:

1. When I type in www.picassomax.com it goes to my site (picassomax.com does not).

2. Description on Firefox tab at bottom of screen displays SmugMug even when going to my site - this should read picassomax

3. When it does go to my site and I choose galleries, the URL reverts back to picassomax.smugmug/galleries/

Can you help?

Thanks

Max
Max

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    www.picassomax.com is hitting 70.87.93.2 which is NOT our ip address, so the CNAME is not functioning yet.

The urls in your navbar are html hardcoded to go to picassomax.smugmug.com/xxxxxxxx so you'll need to change them in your header html.

You do NOT need any kind of nameserver to make a cname work.

Holler to us at the help desk with your yahoo signon info if you wish us to set this all up for you, no worries, we do it all the time. We'll get it done on Friday for you.
  • MaxThompsonMaxThompson Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    www.picassomax.com is hitting 70.87.93.2 which is NOT our ip address, so the CNAME is not functioning yet.

The urls in your navbar are html hardcoded to go to picassomax.smugmug.com/xxxxxxxx so you'll need to change them in your header html.

You do NOT need any kind of nameserver to make a cname work.

Holler to us at the help desk with your yahoo signon info if you wish us to set this all up for you, no worries, we do it all the time. We'll get it done on Friday for you.

Got it - I sent the YAHOO info to help@smugmug.com & I'll fix the URL

Thanks,

Max
    Max

• MaxThompsonMaxThompson Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Got it - I sent the YAHOO info to help@smugmug.com & I'll fix the URL

Thanks,

Max

I think I have it fixed, my host provider is changing it on their end and leaving YAHOO alone since I'm using email and you have no nameservers.

YAHOO has a seperate section for them and you can't leave blank - or it will default back to my old page at yahoo...and if I put my host nameservers - then it will stay pointed to them ...headscratch.gif
    Max