Mind if I play?

94273882-L.jpg

:wave
--Kres

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Hey, kres,

Make sure you've got external links enabled for that gallery. We can't see your piccy.

More on posting pics in the link in my sig.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 17, 2006
    kres wrote:
    Mind if I play?

94273882-L.jpg

wave.gif

That's what we're here for. (Well, uh, maybe, kinda...)

Whatcha got to show? You're in the "People" forum so let's hope it's some pictures of people.:ivar

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Better now?

{That's odd... I set that gallery for EXT-Links last week... huh headscratch.gif }
    --Kres
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    kres wrote:
    Better now?

{That's odd... I set that gallery for EXT-Links last week... huh headscratch.gif }

Yep!

Cute kid. My son is 14, getting hair on his lip. Enjoy him while you can. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Great shot! Looks a little blue to me so you may want to remove that color cast and then you'll have an even better shot!

Cute kiddo!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 18, 2006
    very cute kid-

I think maybe the fleshtones are ok but are we overwhelmed with the green (unless he's irish?)?-

a little cyan in the eyes and hair-

nice exposure (for shadow and sunlight) and focus-

love the eyes-

years and years of great pics to go with the eyes alone-
    edited November 18, 2006
    Great shot! Looks a little blue to me so you may want to remove that color cast and then you'll have an even better shot!

Cute kiddo!
    That's the scary part... the shot was taken on a D50, no modifications. The odd lighting is a great deal of light being reflected off a set of panal window accross the street through a set of Magnolia Trees and weeping willows. I'm at odds on whether to warm it up.

I try to avoid cropping and photochopping at all costs, I usually feel more accomplished personally when I do.
    --Kres
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Beautiful child and great eyes! I like the capture and his expression.....the dirt on his sleeve tells a little story!!! :D
    edited November 18, 2006
    This is a most enchanting little person.

I love the expression and I especially love the eyes. The disheveled hair and dirt on the shoulder and the little drop of drool on the chin, all contribute to, "I'm just happy to be little without a care in the world. Life is good."

I think the area to the left is unnecessary and I really wanted something more intimate and immediate.

I hope you don't mind, but I applied a 5 x 7 crop in portrait configuration, reduced the greenish tint in the facial shadows, smoothed the hard shadow on the face, applied general sharpening and then some localized USM to the eyes. This is just a quick and dirty treatment, not meant to be final.

I will remove if you wish.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    edited November 19, 2006
    Kres,

I'm hoping I didn't scare you away from this one?

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    edited November 20, 2006
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Kres,

I'm hoping I didn't scare you away from this one?

ziggy53

No, not at all... I just got into a "contemplation loop" of sorts.

The color/shadow corrections do help the image... but it's the framing that I'm trying to figure out if I like or not.

In my mind your crop is DEAD ON for a standard protrait. I used to crop and compose much like that. However, lately I'm been trying to break out of the mold.

I'm certainly not offended by the modifiction, I just can't really decided if I like it. Mostly 'cause trying to expand your eye and your habits is tough, and it would be easier to get back in that frame of mind.

I like the original framing because it sets up a certain mood that I think is lost in the standard vertical 5x crop.

Of all the shots out there, portriats challange me the most - I guess I 'm looking for that middle ground between your edit and my original.

Regardless, thanks for the input, and feel free to comment on my ramblings. thumb.gif
    --Kres
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    I like the original, color tint and all. It's real. A little boy playing outdoors doesn't need perfect studio lighting. And that little arm adds to the charm.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif