SmugMap, Google Maps problems

dardensdardens Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited November 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Earlier I posted the problems we're experiencing with the "Map this" function here

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47251

I have turned up a related problem that may shed some light on the fault. I've activated the "around the world" feature on

http://dardens.smugmug.com

The behavior is different from "Map this", but also doesn't seem to work correctly -- as follows:

1. the map displays pins for all the geotagged images [where Map this displays nothing, indicating "O photos"]

2. when I click any pin the result is the map jumps to selected lat/lon location [and at a useful scale, at least on the pins I've tested - not to the useless zoom level 2]

3. but nothing is displayed on the new map. Not even a map pin.

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 17, 2006
    Hey dardens,

You need to make sure that the Geography option is turned on for all Galleries that you want to use this feature for.

It think it might be a bug, that it displays it on the Around the World map if the option is turned off at the gallery level.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • dardensdardens Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    You need to make sure that the Geography option is turned on for all Galleries that you want to use this feature for.

Thanks heaps for the reply mate. Unfortunately, Geography is turned on for all galleries [except 2 private]. I just verified by a Bulk gallery customization, followed by another Map This, as well as spot checking. I use the same quicksetting on all galleries, so only a dbms bug could prevent the setting.

"Map This" works at the gallery level. And the Google Earth feeds work [not quite as documented, as I seem to only receive 3 recent galleries and 4 recent photos].

Are enough dgrinners interested in having a "Geotagging Forum"? I've found it difficult to search up others experience in this arena.

Cheers, Steve