The Thinker

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited November 18, 2006 in Holy Macro
If ever in Toldeo, you should visit the Toledo Museum of Art. It's a very nice museum offering a great selection, including Rodin's most famous piece. When I was there I was fortunate enough that they had Ansel Adams as their featured exhibit. It was wonderful seeing his actual prints up close.

Take fast glass. They allow photography everywhere except the comtemporary exhibits, but absolutely no flash. They keep it as dark as possible. You can see everything easily, but the light is not conducive for photography.

I love shooting sculptures and playing with shadows and using diffeent angles and compositions. I tried for an oily look in post.

35 L, F/3.2, 1/25. ISO 1600

110883816-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Khaos wrote:
    If ever in Toldeo, you should visit the Toledo Museum of Art. It's a very nice museum offering a great selection, including Rodin's most famous piece. When I was there I was fortunate enough that they had Ansel Adams as their featured exhibit. It was wonderful seeing his actual prints up close.

Take fast glass. They allow photography everywhere except the comtemporary exhibits, but absolutely no flash. They keep it as dark as possible. You can see everything easily, but the light is not conducive for photography.

I love shooting sculptures and playing with shadows and using diffeent angles and compositions. I tried for an oily look in post.

35 L, F/3.2, 1/25. ISO 1600

Hi Khaos ...
    He almost looks like liquid metal, wow and on ISO 1600 too, that's pretty impressive ....thanks for sharing....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Nice i loved this one too
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery