Is there a way to change order of galleries?

JanelleJanelle Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Right now the order of the galleries in my Portfolio is ordered in the order of most recent change made to the gallery, but I would rather have more control over the order of the galleries in that section. This is going to be a static page (other than adding photos to each gallery.) I won't be adding more galleries under that section.

If there is a way for me to manually move the galleries around, could someone tell me the html/css code for it and where to put it? I know nothing about CSS - you guys pretty much built my site from your answers to previous questions.

Thanks!
www.janellerodgers.smugmug.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Janelle wrote:
    Right now the order of the galleries in my Portfolio is ordered in the order of most recent change made to the gallery, but I would rather have more control over the order of the galleries in that section. This is going to be a static page (other than adding photos to each gallery.) I won't be adding more galleries under that section.

If there is a way for me to manually move the galleries around, could someone tell me the html/css code for it and where to put it? I know nothing about CSS - you guys pretty much built my site from your answers to previous questions.

Thanks!
    www.janellerodgers.smugmug.com
    There should be a little arrange check box on the category, sub-cat
    and gallery pages and when toggled arrange in any order you like.
    Make sure in gallery customization "arange by position" is checked.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • MacLoyalMacLoyal Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    I'm not getting it
    I can see how to rearrange photos and have checked "arrange by position" on my gallery tools page. What I can't figure out is where the control is to change the order of my galleries in my sub-category page. Please point me in the right direction to find this.
    macloyal.smugmug.com
    edited June 27, 2007
    I still need help with this
    Bump for purpose of trying to get this question answered. Here's a more complete description.

I have a sub-category for a recent trip to S. Utah and the Grand canyon. I posted all the galleries in order. I assigned a number and day of the week to the title of the galleries to assist viewers if they wanted to see the entire trip in order.

Recently, I went in and added one more photo to my first gallery. That booted it to the last position rather than the first. I want to put it back in order and I can't figure out how to do that on the sub-category page where all the galleries in that trip are displayed. Where is the control panel to do this?headscratch.gif
    macloyal.smugmug.com
  • rafarafa Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 13, 2007
    I am also have the same problem, since my whole site is private... Hope someone can help us to figure this out...

Thanks,

Rafa
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    MacLoyal wrote:
    Bump for purpose of trying to get this question answered. Here's a more complete description.

I have a sub-category for a recent trip to S. Utah and the Grand canyon. I posted all the galleries in order. I assigned a number and day of the week to the title of the galleries to assist viewers if they wanted to see the entire trip in order.

Recently, I went in and added one more photo to my first gallery. That booted it to the last position rather than the first. I want to put it back in order and I can't figure out how to do that on the sub-category page where all the galleries in that trip are displayed. Where is the control panel to do this?headscratch.gif
    You should see one of these at the top left of each box, category, sub-cat
    or galleries box.

sort galleries: arrange
    sort sub-categories: arrange
    sort categories by: most recent · position (arrange)
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited August 4, 2007
    Sort galleries tool
    Hi, Rafa. I'll give it a try of explaining it to you if you haven't figured it out yet. I don't know why this was so perplexing to me, but it took me a long time to identify where to find this tool.

I have my galleries set to display on my homepage. When I click on my homepage and I'm logged into my account, inside the larger box that holds all my gallery categories on the top left corner it says "gallery categories" and directly below that it says "sort categories by: most recent · position (arrange)"

That's where you click on ARRANGE and it give you the toggles to move your galleries to the position you want them in. Make sure you go back to that toggle box and click "save changes" before you go to a new page.

If you click into any of your categories you get the message in the same position to "sort sub-categories: arrange"

I hope that helps.
    macloyal.smugmug.com