Selling older Canon equip.

kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited November 19, 2006 in Cameras
Just wondering what the best way to sell an old Canon Rebel is? I also have an old (15 years) 75-300mm 4-5.6 that works well with that camera, but not with my digital camera. I use ebay a lot, and will probably end up doing that, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to offload older equipment.

I will also be selling my Canon Rebel XT on ebay and will post that on this site for a day just to see if it sells quickly. I'm guessing ebay will be best for that camera though. Anyone interested in selling a 30D or doing some sort of trade?

Thanks,
Kate

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Figure your prices and post it in the flea market. You may be surprised.
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    I'd go ahead and try to sell it here first. Give it a few days, then if it doesn't sell, put it up on eBay. People here are much more trustworthy than random buyers on eBay.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Thanks for the encouragement to try selling here. I'm having a hard time pricing this stuff out though because it's not sold that often (the older models anyway). I'll check ebay again to see if I can find any similar items. Any other ideas on how to find out what this stuff is worth/what a reasonable asking price is?

I have a Canon EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 lens and a Canon EOS Rebel S if anyone has any ideas. These were purchased in 1992.

Thank you,
    Kate
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    kmh wrote:
    Any other ideas on how to find out what this stuff is worth/what a reasonable asking price is?

I have a Canon EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 lens and a Canon EOS Rebel S if anyone has any ideas. These were purchased in 1992.

Thank you,
    Kate

Check KEH for used prices, also check used on B&H and Adorama.