Calendars recommendations?

G KG K Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited November 19, 2006 in Finishing School
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but it seems as appropriate as any - I'm planning to make up some calendars for family for the holidays and would love some suggestions for sites to use. I know there are a plethora of sites out there and I would appreciate any input that you folks might have from experience on quality, customizability and price.

thanks much...

~ gk

Comments

• mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    I'm no expert, but this has come up in the past. I've used lulu.com exactly once, and I remember being happy with the results. Your standards may be different (and frankly my standards are probably different now than they were last year at this time).

Some of the other folks around here use lulu.com too. You may or may not have figured out that Andy, who started the thread I linked to, is the house pro and presumably sells some of the calendars. I just give them to my relatives.
  • spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Lulu has a fine interface if you are going to offer it up for folks to purchase the calendars. But I found the paper quality and printing very average.

I found the calendars that come out of ofoto (now http://www.kodakgallery.com) a much higher quality paper and printing. If you're only going to get a few, I'd go with those.

cheers,
    Trish
  • G KG K Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Thanks folks - Lulu was what i was looking for.

~ g
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    iPhoto has better quality, if you're on a Mac. The advantage Lulu has is that others can order your calendar, whereas on iPhoto only you can.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    iPhoto has better quality, if you're on a Mac. The advantage Lulu has is that others can order your calendar, whereas on iPhoto only you can.

What about price point?

Shutterfly had a special last month where their calendars were in the same general price range as lulu. But their regular price is close to $20 each, unless you make a really large order. I am testing lulu right now and hoping for good print quality.

And I am only asking about iPhoto because I am thinking I may join the mac side......

ann
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Ann, let me know if you need any help with the transition.

The price point on iPhoto's calendars is pretty much the same as shutterfly. You can see it here. But like I said, better quality IMO than Lulu.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops