Options

Job Ticket Holders

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited November 26, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I recently received my print order from SM (beautiful prints, I must say:lust ) and was stumbled with a "display" issue. I ordered a whole bunch of 8x12, but all the plastic sleeves I could find around were for a standard US Letter format (8.5x11). I tried craft stores (Jo-Ann's fabrics and Michael's), and sure, they had the proper portolio case... for $50 with 5 or so sheets inside and no way to purchase additional sheets separately..:dunno And I needed to "showcase" 40+ pictures...:scratch

Salvation finally arrived in a way of a helpful kid in a local Office Max, who pointed me to an item tagged "Job Ticket Holders". Maybe not the best showcase in the world, but at 9x12 format and $6.50 for a 10-pack it definitely fit my bill, especially considering the fact that I can fit two photos into one holder to make each sleeve present two pictures, one on each side (I must say that the back side is slightly less transparent than the front one, but with a good light it's not that critical). Also, a less thrifty person can settle with a one pic per sleeve:-)

I knew there is no way I was paying $50 to carry 5-10 pics :deal

HTH
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Nikolai,

Print File archival preservers. Made by Print File, Inc, P.O. Box 607638 Orlando Florida, 32860-7638.

I paid $11.55 for a pack of 25, 8X12 This is more economical then the "Job Ticket Holders", and better suited material to boot.

Sam
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Can't lay my hands on my Photographers Edge catalogue right now, so not sure of pricing, but they also have large archival photo bags available.
    http://www.photographersedge.com/

Seems to me that they might be about $1 each at the larger sizes, but it seemed reasonable when I looked at them.

As well, what about using a 'memory book' photo album as a portfolio? They are avaiable with 12 " x 12" sheets and refills are available as well.

ann
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2006
    Sam,
    Sam wrote:
    Nikolai,

Print File archival preservers. Made by Print File, Inc, P.O. Box 607638 Orlando Florida, 32860-7638.

I paid $11.55 for a pack of 25, 8X12 This is more economical then the "Job Ticket Holders", and better suited material to boot.

Sam

Thanks for the advice! thumb.gif
    Next time I'll order them (100 pack for 19.95 at B&H :-)
    In the mean time that was the best I choice ai had:-)
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2006
    Ann,
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Can't lay my hands on my Photographers Edge catalogue right now, so not sure of pricing, but they also have large archival photo bags available.
    http://www.photographersedge.com/

Seems to me that they might be about $1 each at the larger sizes, but it seemed reasonable when I looked at them.

As well, what about using a 'memory book' photo album as a portfolio? They are avaiable with 12 " x 12" sheets and refills are available as well.

ann

Thanks, I'll check it out (next time:-)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Also check out FREESTYLE PHOTO not only were the one of the best film source I ever jused but they had nice disply albums (portfolios) for great prices.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 20, 2006
    Art,
    Art Scott wrote:
    Also check out FREESTYLE PHOTO not only were the one of the best film source I ever jused but they had nice disply albums (portfolios) for great prices.

Thanks, man, I will keep them in mind:-)!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks, I'll check it out (next time:-)

Hi Nik

Found the catalogue.

At Photographers Edge, 100 11 x 14 " crystal clear gallery quality bags* are $44.50, a pack of 100 16 x 20 bags is $77.50, for 13 x 19 it is $72.00 for 100. They have all regular ( 8 x 10, 5 x 7 etc) sizes as well.

ann
    * Crystal clear, archival, acid free, museum quality with resealable, peel away adhesive strip.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi Nik

Found the catalogue.

At Photographers Edge, 100 11 x 14 " crystal clear gallery quality bags* are $44.50, a pack of 100 16 x 20 bags is $77.50, for 13 x 19 it is $72.00 for 100. They have all regular ( 8 x 10, 5 x 7 etc) sizes as well.

ann
    * Crystal clear, archival, acid free, museum quality with resealable, peel away adhesive strip.

Ann,

I just tried to get some info from Photographers Edge website, but couldn't find any real description or prices.

Clear bags make a ton of clear plastic bags just for this purpose. They can be purchased from a number of different vendors.

They are clear, acid free, peel away adhesive strip, ect. Frame Destination has them for 11X14 100 @ $13.50, 16X20 100 @ 23.4. I just ordered a bunch in different sizes the largest is 30X40.

You might want to check these bags out first.

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2006
    Hi Sam

Yep, Photographers Edge is not of the new era! hehe. I recieve their catalogue but have not ordered anything form them yet.

I appreciate the info and will check out your recommendation. Thanks!!

ann
    Sam wrote:
    Ann,

I just tried to get some info from Photographers Edge website, but couldn't find any real description or prices.

Clear bags make a ton of clear plastic bags just for this purpose. They can be purchased from a number of different vendors.

They are clear, acid free, peel away adhesive strip, ect. Frame Destination has them for 11X14 100 @ $13.50, 16X20 100 @ 23.4. I just ordered a bunch in different sizes the largest is 30X40.

You might want to check these bags out first.

Sam