Some portraits for Christmas cards

Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited November 19, 2006 in People
I took some photos of coworker and her family with the snow this week. Here's my favorites:

110906649-M.jpg

110906485-L.jpg

and baby with window light behind and using lightsphere in the house:

111297140-M.jpg

Similar shot with dad cloned out:

111297089-M.jpg

Thanks for looking. I still have so much to learn. c&c welcome.

Comments

• lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    The 2nd is my favorite although the mom is a bit unfocused. And the 4th, that's a nice pic. Very cute baby. Nice work. thumb.gif

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    The watermarks really arent working for me, I can't even look at the photos because of them. Especially when it's right across the forehead of the baby.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 19, 2006
    The watermarks really arent working for me, I can't even look at the photos because of them. Especially when it's right across the forehead of the baby.

oh, I thought the watermarks looked pretty good-
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 19, 2006
    seriously, these are nice pics, but totally screwed up with the watermark-
  • Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    I guess I'm just so used to the watermark I think nothing of it. What do you suggest for the watermark?
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    I guess I'm just so used to the watermark I think nothing of it. What do you suggest for the watermark?

The watermark is fine for your site, just don't post a pic on here with a watermark, and ask for comments. The watermarks tend to take away from the pic.

The first is a little dark for me (fill flash?). The second was too slow of a shutter, hense mom being blurred...my guess anyway. The third one has some of dad (I think), either include him or not. The fourth would be better if the baby's head and hand weren't chopped off.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    The watermark is fine for your site, just don't post a pic on here with a watermark, and ask for comments. The watermarks tend to take away from the pic.

The first is a little dark for me (fill flash?). The second was too slow of a shutter, hense mom being blurred...my guess anyway. The third one has some of dad (I think), either include him or not. The fourth would be better if the baby's head and hand weren't chopped off.

thanks

I removed the watermark. I'll try the 3rd without dad. Unfortunately, the 4th isn't cropped, I just zoomed in a little too much.
  • ellepixelsellepixels Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    thanks

I removed the watermark. I'll try the 3rd without dad. Unfortunately, the 4th isn't cropped, I just zoomed in a little too much.

I like the first one. I think it's a perfect photograph to do xmas
    cards with!
    Lost in Smugmug world.
    visit my website. feel free to sign the guestbook to le me know you dropped by-
    http://www.tanyadelnegro.com