What Happened?!

CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
edited November 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
With great customer service and all the perks of the Pro account such as unlimited space, watermarks, and high bandwidth traffic quota, I've kept quite and not vented my frustrations during Smugmug's Super Sunday Slowdown.

However, when you are uploading 150+ photos and smugmug goes down... AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    RTP wrote:
    Smugmug's Super Sunday Slowdown
    The site is moving quite fast, actually- there's no queue, and uploading is cooking along.

Sounds like you have a connection issue - we'll help. Can you run a line quality test from www.dslreports.com/linequality ? It will help us diagnose things for you.
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    Yes...it is smoking now.

When I saw that the message said it was reset by the peer I decided to do some troubleshooting. Internet connection was up because I was still looking around FM. I then tried to pull up DGRIN and it timed out. I tried some other smugmug sites and they would time out as well. During this I was still pulling up other websites successfully and fast. I rebooted my PC and cable modem. Problem persists with DGRIN and Smugmug. Made a couple a phone calls to some friends on/off my network and they were not able to hit it either. Odd isn't it?

I'm sure this is bad because I'm uploading photos now. I did a speedtest because I get: Could not queue request Due to the popularity of this tool, use is limited to members only! when trying to use the line quality.

55307.png
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

edited November 19, 2006
    Ok Andy. I signed up and here are my results:

http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2131658

This upload was rough. I received this message several times.
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

edited November 19, 2006
    RTP wrote:
    Ok Andy. I signed up and here are my results:

http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2131658

This upload was rough. I received this message several times.
    You have 100% ping loss in your connection - I had the same thing today, the internet out there sucks sometimes.
    edited November 19, 2006
    So this is something out there and not me? When I have 100% packet loss, I will get those timeout messages in my upload?
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

edited November 19, 2006
    RTP wrote:
    So this is something out there and not me? When I have 100% packet loss, I will get those timeout messages in my upload?
    You will, very likely. The thing that saved me today, was Send To SmugMug: http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2006/11/19/event-or-large-shoot-workflow/
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    RTP wrote:
    With great customer service and all the perks of the Pro account such as unlimited space, watermarks, and high bandwidth traffic quota, I've kept quite and not vented my frustrations during Smugmug's Super Sunday Slowdown.

However, when you are uploading 150+ photos and smugmug goes down... AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I was getting the same thing on Sunday. Tried again this morning...still the same. I had to use the IE loader Sunday. It worked, but it doesn't allow unlimited file upload, so it needs a little more attention.

The Smuggy loader would only do 1-2 pics and disconnect. I gave up.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited November 20, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I was getting the same thing on Sunday. Tried again this morning...still the same. I had to use the IE loader Sunday. It worked, but it doesn't allow unlimited file upload, so it needs a little more attention.

The Smuggy loader would only do 1-2 pics and disconnect. I gave up.
    My personal traceroutes and line quality tests show bad results yesterday and today. And I rarely have any trouble. Level3 is the culprit.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    My personal traceroutes and line quality tests show bad results yesterday and today. And I rarely have any trouble. Level3 is the culprit.

Tonight's going much better. Hope I didn't jinx it....eek7.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D