Jr High Basketball

Captn14Captn14 Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited November 20, 2006 in Sports
1st attempt at basketball. Kinda challenging but fun ....Here are just a couple of shots. They seem slightly soft to me...Trying to get used to
AF-C....I hope to improve in the next few weeks.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_5575_filtered.jpg

DSC_5549_filtered.jpg

DSC_5560_filtered.jpg

Rod

Comments

• OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Hey Captn14,
    For your first time they look great, yes they are a bit soft but still very acceptable, Im sure the parents would love them reguardless. Im starting my second season shooting BB and still find it a bit challenging however the more I shoot it the easier or better it gets. So keep fireing away my friend you will only get better. Some faces with ball and crops are tight also. I have a photo posted that I think is good but I am struggling with the crop.

What camera and set up were you shooting with? Exif data?
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • Captn14Captn14 Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Onrey wrote:
    Hey Captn14,
    For your first time they look great, yes they are a bit soft but still very acceptable, Im sure the parents would love them reguardless. Im starting my second season shooting BB and still find it a bit challenging however the more I shoot it the easier or better it gets. So keep fireing away my friend you will only get better. Some faces with ball and crops are tight also. I have a photo posted that I think is good but I am struggling with the crop.

What camera and set up were you shooting with? Exif data?

Thanks...I use nikon d50 w/ 85 1.8 ....wide open at 1.8 and ss of 1/500.
    I use auto iso...and af-c...

As for the crops I usually leave them a little wide as so I can crop specifically for what parents
    want. 5x7 - 8x10 . . .I crop them myself so I am happy with what they get.

Rod