Small world or "I think Andy just snaked that oly 21 zuiko I'd been after"

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited November 21, 2006 in Cameras
Too funny...:rofl

I knew when I saw that last bidder slide in there I was hosed:dunno

Course it could have been a different Andy, but then again this Andy had positive feedback from when he bought a 200 1.8...

Good to know the Dgrinners are taking over the world though:thumb

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Too funny...rolleyes1.gif

I knew when I saw that last bidder slide in there I was hosedne_nau.gif

Course it could have been a different Andy, but then again this Andy had positive feedback from when he bought a 200 1.8...

Good to know the Dgrinners are taking over the world thoughthumb.gif
    It was NOT a different Andy. naughty.gif

Do you not use Auction Stealer? I was fast asleep when that auction ended thumb.gif

Sorry I sniped you! Too funny :D
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It was NOT a different Andy. naughty.gif

Do you not use Auction Stealer?

I do now my friend, I do now.:D
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 20, 2006
    So what happens when two bidders are bidding in the same auction with the same proxy/sniper bidding service?

Dueling snipers? :duel:rambo:gun2

Things were so much simpler when people had to bid in person, and if someone was bidding against you, you could just send another person out to the parking lot to set off their car alarm!rolleyes1.gif (No I never did that. I heard about it tho.)

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    It was especially when hardly anyone had broadband and Firefox. I once sniped an auction with FF tabbed (one to monitor, one all set with a revised bid) & both myself & my brother-in-law refreshing as fast as our DSL connections would allow. mwink.gif

Now that Andy's secret is out...
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    It was especially when hardly anyone had broadband and Firefox. I once sniped an auction with FF tabbed (one to monitor, one all set with a revised bid) & both myself & my brother-in-law refreshing as fast as our DSL connections would allow. mwink.gif

Now that Andy's secret is out...

oh man...THAT is my old style. Heart racing as you ALT+TAB between windows....refreshing...ready to send your higher bid.

try esnipe.com.....all I use nowadays. Stops runaway bidding and forces you to think about your highest price.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    I guess I'm weird in that I set my max bid in my head before even starting & rarely ever go beyond it--and then only a little. I refuse to let the red mist take over.

When making the digital jump, I let about 6 auctions go before winning one--I got a better deal than those other 6 people, too. mwink.gif

Now that the sniping sites are out there, I guess I'll just have to change my ways...though I don't buy all that much on ebay any more.