My pet hate - smoke

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited November 22, 2006 in People

City-Smoke_MG_9425.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=4d3664ba53b5dbb1a4a1ed58a0d3e5a3
Scenes like this are sadly see too often through out Sydney. Litter beans converted to a giant smoking and stinking ashtray. It is a shameful sight.

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    I'd crop a bit off the left, but otherwise this is a very powerful, well done shot! I'd say I like it, but frankly, I hate smoke, too. :D

Wonderful capture. I love the light in this. Perfect.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    In California one cannot smoke inside a public building or a building which caters to the public. Smoking has been banned on many beaches and even one City has banned smoking completely in public.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    ^ good.

I share a suite of 4 and one of my suitemates smokes in his room, and it clings to everything. Of course he's been smoking so heavily since 8th grade - 5 years now - that he can't smell a thing. I am waiting for the res advisor to come and kick his ass.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    But the left side shows a person WALKING AWAY from this mess. It's part of the statement (IMHO).
    I'd crop a bit off the left, but otherwise this is a very powerful, well done shot! I'd say I like it, but frankly, I hate smoke, too. :D

Wonderful capture. I love the light in this. Perfect.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    But the left side shows a person WALKING AWAY from this mess. It's part of the statement (IMHO).

I think if she were closer, I would have seen that, too. But I do like the statement.... very nice.... :D
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 22, 2006
    Great shot Ted! I love how she's surrounded by smoke.

Smokers never seem to realize how they "carry that cloud" everywhere. (As an ex-smoker I know all too well)

And don't crop an inch... the area on the left which is clear of smoke is sooooooo telling.
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    like the tailpipe of one's automobile...just awful headscratch.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    She is a Heheadscratch.gif
    Angelo wrote:
    Great shot Ted! I love how she's surrounded by smoke.

Smokers never seem to realize how they "carry that cloud" everywhere. (As an ex-smoker I know all too well)

And don't crop an inch... the area on the left which is clear of smoke is sooooooo telling.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    In California ... on many beaches and even one City has banned smoking completely in public. Gary

Gary,
    I don't smoke and I don't like to smoke other people's cigarettes, but isn't that too much ?

Too radical ? eek7.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 22, 2006
    She is a Heheadscratch.gif

ahh, well, OK. You're welcome. headscratch.gif
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 22, 2006
    I think if she were closer, I would have seen that, too. But I do like the statement.... very nice.... :D

I am with Andi on this one. If she were closer, or staring back in disgust, I'd agree that she is part of the "Statement". But she is just walking away oblivious to the photo's central theme. ne_nau.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero