A couple of ideas for 78

JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
edited November 20, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay folks, I have two that I really like but I can't choose which one... let me know which one you prefer. :):

Kind of a "reverse" silhouette of a spider and its web:
111625205-L.jpg

A sunset silhouette:
111625170-L.jpg

C&C are most welcome. Thanks.
Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 20, 2006
    The spider concept is neat but it's a pretty crude photoshop treatment. I think you can do better.

The palm tree shot is much better, but the framing is a little off. You have great light but there is just too much going on in the frame. Try to isolate one or two strong shapes and then place them in the frame in an interesting way (usually using a variant of the rule fo 1/3's).
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    From the creative design aspect, I like the spider. I'd take the spider off center, but that's a whole different topic.

For the photography contest though, I have to pick the sunset.
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Thanks for the comments. :):
    Jen

• fitzpadfitzpad Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 20, 2006
    JenW wrote:
    Thanks for the comments. :):

Hi Jen. I like the sunset one too. It reminds me of an Eagles cover...Hotel California I think.

I would like to see it with a very shallow lower dark area, and a little more of the sky above the upper tree tops...I know this goes against the 1/3s rule, but that's my gut feel.
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    # 2 gets my vote, very interesting effect on spider though
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Thanks for more comments! :D

I'm looking at #2 again, as well as some similar pics I took. They were taken on the Hungryland Trail at the Everglades Youth Camp. It was hard to get the angle I really wanted without wandering into saw palmetto. Youch.
    Jen

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Agreed Jen
    The second is much more suited for the theme...but don't go walking into gatorland (or whatever else refuses to die there). The spider is a cool idea but this one just isn't there yet.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552