K100D ... in Rochester, NY?

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited November 22, 2006 in Cameras
So I'm intrigued by the K100d, and it's made the short list of DSLRs I'd consider if I were to bite the bullet and get one.

The only problem is, I can't find one to hold in my hands anywhere near here (Rochester NY, once the Imaging Capital of the world ...) All the big box stores have them as internet-only orders. The little guys don't stock 'em cause they aren't Canon or Nikon.

Any ideas?

Comments

• mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    So I'm intrigued by the K100d, and it's made the short list of DSLRs I'd consider if I were to bite the bullet and get one.

The only problem is, I can't find one to hold in my hands anywhere near here (Rochester NY, once the Imaging Capital of the world ...) All the big box stores have them as internet-only orders. The little guys don't stock 'em cause they aren't Canon or Nikon.

Any ideas?

The one place where I've actually seen one was in a Circuit City, but the big boxes are hit or miss.

You might have to call around in the area outside Rochester to find somebody who has one in stock (I just hope the closest store isn't in Toronto or NYC).
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    Thanks. The local CC didn't have any Pentax. Plus, my wife would perform bodily harm upon me if I ever bought anything at CC -- it's a long story involving a shiesty CC salesperson who sold her bad stuff ...

I guess I'll keep trying the smaller photo stores and see what I can find.