two options for numba 78

simplesimple Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited November 25, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
can't pick -- which one would you guys pick over the other and why?
-thanks!

111694149-L.jpg
111694139-L.jpg
"God is dead. Let us not understand by this that he does not exist or even that he no longer exists. He is dead. He spoke to us and is silent… [p]erhaps he was only a dream… God is dead."
-Jean-Paul Sartre

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Both are good - I think I prefer #1 tho. I like the surreal clouds above the sharp skyline. Clone out the lampost light on upper left, and the highlights in middle and lower right.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 20, 2006
    TomaS wrote:
    Both are good - I think I prefer #1 tho. I like the surreal clouds above the sharp skyline. Clone out the lampost light on upper left, and the highlights in middle and lower right.

I agree.
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Tough choice but i think i like 2 best, great silos
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    They're both very nice silhouettes. On #1, I agree with Tomas on the post. The only other thing I would change if possible would be how the hat and the skyline are melded. Some separation would make it better, but only slightly because it's already very good. :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Number 1 has my vote
    You might want to crop the left little light fixture out of there tho. Nice shot.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • simplesimple Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    appreciate it guys. my only main worry was that #1 was a wee bit too grainy for my liking :(
    "God is dead. Let us not understand by this that he does not exist or even that he no longer exists. He is dead. He spoke to us and is silent… [p]erhaps he was only a dream… God is dead."
    -Jean-Paul Sartre
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    #1! Embrace the grain! It's a cool shot, might even look better in B&W. Definitely clone out the lamp.
    Chris
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    I actually like #2, but it could use a bit more cropping at the bottom. More original than #1
  • jweathersonjweatherson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    I like 2, AWESOME colors! I am a sucker for sunset's / rise, whichever they both look brilliant.
    Cute pooch too thumb.gif but I do agree with nalcarez, crop out some of the black space!
    -James Weatherson

http://brit.smugmug.com
  • lovelove Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    #2 Longing...
    I really like the second shot, the dog has a look of longing to fetch something out in the distant woods. Nice job!
    LOVE | Design & Photography
    www.nicolelove.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Number 1
    Weldone
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery