Girls Basketball

RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
edited November 25, 2006 in Sports

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 22, 2006
    Randy,
    Lots of good faces here thumb.gifthumb.gif

I think you're customers would be more pleased if you brightened these up some. They are a little flat and UE. As you might have seen with Andy's Tae Kwon Do pics, you can blow out the uniform (gee) a bit and no one will care. The histos for these images are heavily biased towards the left. You need to move that hump towards the center more.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2006
    NIce shots! I love shooting basketball, and am looking forward to Gaffney starting the season now that I have my new lens and flash.

#1 needs a little straightening though. A slanted frame distracts from the action. I find that if you crop parallel with the baseline horizontaly, or the backboard verticly, the action becomes the focus much easier!
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Randy,
    Lots of good faces here thumb.gifthumb.gif

I think you're customers would be more pleased if you brightened these up some. They are a little flat and UE. As you might have seen with Andy's Tae Kwon Do pics, you can blow out the uniform (gee) a bit and no one will care. The histos for these images are heavily biased towards the left. You need to move that hump towards the center more.

Steve

thx Steve, good suggestion
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    hesaias wrote:
    NIce shots! I love shooting basketball, and am looking forward to Gaffney starting the season now that I have my new lens and flash.

#1 needs a little straightening though. A slanted frame distracts from the action. I find that if you crop parallel with the baseline horizontaly, or the backboard verticly, the action becomes the focus much easier!

thx...how's the fb playoffs going for you ?