CH78 Silhouette by the Sea

jweathersonjweatherson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited November 22, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
111939442-L.jpg
An image I snapped off my make shift shoe monopod last weekend... what do you guys make of this? :dunno
St. Ives, UK

OR No. 2 below???

Cheers
-James Weatherson

http://brit.smugmug.com

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    It has potential, but there needs to be something in the foreground that is really sillhouetted. The person walking/running is a bit of a distraction.

Theres a hint of a beautiful sky, but only one nice cloud is showing.
    Chris
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    I agree, its a very pretty picture, but lacks a clearly defined silhouette for the theme.
  • jweathersonjweatherson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    Following your comments I've adjusted this shot the best I can! Cropped and added a slight warming filter and I think this will have to do...112486778-L.jpgbetter?? headscratch.gif
    -James Weatherson

http://brit.smugmug.com
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    That's a much better sillhouette. But there's no clearly defined subject. The two men and the rock in the background are all "competing" for attention.

If there had been one man looking at the rock to create a connection? ne_nau.gif

Beautiful day, there....
    Chris
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    What a lovely spot, James. I like the second shot a lot for the challenge. I understand Chris' comment, although I think that I find the land in the right hand background more distracting than having two men in the photo. You could always crop to a vertical and lose one of the men. I'd keep the left hand fellow if I had to choose.

Great to see you back in the challenges. Yes, Paris was wonderful. Going back in April. One of these days we may get to have that cup of coffee! Thanks for the kind comments on my silhouetted tree.

Good luck!

Virginia

Email