Another Try

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited November 25, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Is this any more interesting than my first try? Too abstract? Could it use cropping? Any thoughts?

111973290-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Virginia

Email

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    It's a nice sillhouette, I like the crisp lines, but it doesn't really grab me in any way.
    Chris
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    Thanks, Chris. I think that was what was wrong with the first photo I posted. Boring. rolleyes1.gif I actually rather like it, but then I like abstracts - especially when nature provides them.

Virginia

Email
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    I like the photo and the composition you used.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    Here's my take
    It's a tree...trees are common....they are everywhere. A silouette of a tree without some meaning/purpose/theme is simply a tree which fails to give the viewer a sense of wanting to return to the photograph. Possibly a tree with a nice composition against an interesting sky would be the ticket. Help us as viewers identify with something interesting versus commonplace. It's kind of like a picture of a car...you see them all day, everyday....what would make this tree special? Just some food for thought.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • jweathersonjweatherson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    Long time no talk....
    I really like that, fantastic exposure and contrast, i think it's a top tenner! thumb.gif
    Looks like you enjoyed another fantastic trip in Paris BTW, well done, I'm going back to visit in 5 weeks!

Cheers
    -James Weatherson

http://brit.smugmug.com
  • kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    What about tilting the picture so the lines are diagonal? My eye keeps going down and off the bottom edge. Just a thought...
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    Thank you everyone for your comments. It is really helpful to get your critiques. I appreciate your taking the time to try to explain your responses. Don't know yet what I will do about the challenge this time. Except that I know I will vote. rolleyes1.gif

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Virginia

Email
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    HI!

Yes, I will vote, too!!!! (I think..............smile)

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.