3 Setups from Saturday

Rick PearsonRick Pearson Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 24, 2006 in People
These are three setups from this past Saturday, and I'd like to hear any critiques on the lighting, posing, etc. Thanks to all who take the time to look and respond.

IMG_0593_soft.jpg

IMG_0543BW.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    #1 - Love it, but it's a bit oversoftened. I'd at least bring back the detail in the edges of her face, her eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Beautiful shot, though, and I really like the lighting.

#2 - has the feeling of a good snapshot and I like it, but clone out whatever is in the upper left as it's quite distracting.

#3 - is this the same girl? Hmmm... headscratch.gif This lighting is very unflattering and I don't like it at all. Not sure if I would have liked the pose mroe if the lighting was better or not.

Definitely like #1 and 2 the best. Can't wait to see more!
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    #1 I agree that it looks too soft ne_nau.gif
    I quite like the pose but I think you missed an opportunity by not lighting her hair, (& forehead) it looks a gorgeous colour and with the curls would look fantastic if lit.
    The shadows on the wall are very distracting too, they merge with her clothes and distort her outline. If you pulled her further away from the bg I reckon most of the shadows would fall out of sight.

#3 having her right hip in deep shadow & highlights on her left hip has had the effect of exaggeraing (sp??) the size of her hips..not very flattering ne_nau.gif
    I'd like to see more light on her eyes too.
  • kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    I really like #2 -- very natural looking, she looks comfortable, and I like that look she is giving you. Very different from the other two.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 23, 2006
    I very much like the lighting and pose in the first one-

just a little too soft, as are the others-

#2's ok, but I don't believe I know any catholic girls; I would like to meet mary katherine gallaher, though-

there is nothing that I like about #3 at all; that's just me-

thanks and please keep posting-
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    Couldn't you find a better looking model? What a dog. Woof woof:lol4

I can say those sort of things to my cousin....:D

I think they are "not bad" but could profit from the advice already given. We can work on some post processing tomorrow when you come over.

P.S. She's cute, bring her by sometime. We can shoot her some more, Amy gets tired of me practicing on her.

See you tomorrow.

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....