from a recent maternity shoot...loved this couple...can see more in gallery

photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited November 25, 2006 in People
100868432-L.jpg
Mandi :shay
www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.

Comments

• photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    maternity photo shoot
    This was a photo shoot about a month ago...I've been so busy haven't had time to post any....this couple was so willing to just let me "do my thing"....loved how relaxed they were with me and each other....just loved it!100727634-L.jpg

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
    edited November 24, 2006
    ...another from maternity...
    103362563-L.jpg

edited November 24, 2006
    ...and one more, if you can stand another...
    100867940-L.jpg

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 24, 2006
    Hey Mandi,
    Do you have external links enabled? I see 4 posts with 4 red X's headscratch.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    103362563-L.jpg
    Hi Mandy - cool set. One thing, you can vastly improve these if you lighten them. They are underexposed, and the prints from these would be very dark.

Example of a better exposure:
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    103362563-L.jpg
    I think that the harsh shadow should be avoided. Move the subjects, further away, and broaden / soften your light source.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    Well, I guess Andy has access to the pictures. I sure don't. Just see the little red "X" in all four of your posts
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Mandi I cannot see the photographs either except for the one posted by Andi. It is a very sensual (hot) maternity shot, but as Andi pointed out the hard shadow is less then desired there. Also, I would question the choice of material to cover the girls legs. Perhaps a translucent, non-reflective fabric would work a lot betterheadscratch.gif
    edited November 25, 2006
    sorry, all...accidently locked external links. You should be able to see them now.
    Thank you, Andy and Ted for the feedback. I did have my lighting set up but did not have it turned on for every shot. These are just a few from several hundred. Also, the area which we were in was quite small-their living room. I am so surprised I did not trip on one of the cords at any point during the shoot.
    Any more C&C is greatly appreciated!
    Mandi
    The scarf was used in a few of the shots...I personally love this scarf and it comes out much nicer in color...but, I do see your point. ty

Mandi I cannot see the photographs either except for the one posted by Andi. It is a very sensual (hot) maternity shot, but as Andi pointed out the hard shadow is less then desired there. Also, I would question the choice of material to cover the girls legs. Perhaps a translucent, non-reflective fabric would work a lot betterheadscratch.gif

• blessedmama21blessedmama21 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    2 and 3 could use tighter crops.

#2-getting down a bit would have focused more on dad's face, which looks really sweet.

They do need to be lightened.

Good job. I think they will cherish these.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Mandi, now that I can see them all I can say I like this photo too, however it is more glamour than maternity. Please note that the scarf here is very delicate and not too reflective as on the other photo. It works here, while it gave a resemblance of gladwrap on the other.

Overall I think you need to find a better way for black and white conversion. It is not always easy and many ready made actions tend to render the skin a lot darker than it has to be. Your poses are great and you have one loving couple in there, which is toatally at ease. For post processing you need to strive towards results like this photo or the photo, which Andi processed and posted.
    photofreak wrote:
    100867940-L.jpg