Firefox uploader extension

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited November 26, 2006 in Finishing School
new beta uploader:

http://briks.si/projekti/fotofox/

Anyone tried it? Says it's compatible with Smugmug.

EDIT: Just tried it. First effort froze....but I get that all the time with Smugmug's uploader too.
Just canceled the upload and resubmitted it....and worked fine. The nice thing was that I didn't have start all over and reselect a file. All from within a browser tab.

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 24, 2006
    Hi Ric,

No, I haven't tried it...however, I have actually developed my own FF extension, if you're interested you can check it out here.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Ric,

No, I haven't tried it...however, I have actually developed my own FF extension, if you're interested you can check it out here.

Cheers,

David

I hide "support" from my view so I never saw this. I WILL be checking it out though. Thanks.
  • ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    I was just looking around and saw this one by devbobo and tried it, took me awhile to figure it out, since I don't even know what API means, but it works great.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 26, 2006
    ebwest wrote:
    I was just looking around and saw this one by devbobo and tried it, took me awhile to figure it out, since I don't even know what API means, but it works great.
    Hey EB,

API stands for Application Programming Interface, which basically means that SmugMug exposes certain functionality allowing people to develop 3rd party applications, such as my extension.

Sorry the user inteface isn't that intuitive, I am currently going through a review to update the user interface, that will be rolled out at some point in time. I realise that there probably needs to be some sort of user documentation, but since I was going to be redesigning the UI it didn't make much to sense.

Anyway, thanks for trying out my extension. If you have any specific requests/issues feel free to post a message in the Hacks forum.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos