Monkey Table

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited December 31, 2004 in Holy Macro
"What's so cool about that?" you ask?

13416715-L.jpg

Lots of things, actually...let me run them down for you.

1. My first indoor shot with the 70-200/2.8 IS lens.
2. My first shot with the 70-200/2.8 IS lens SUI (shooting under the influence).
3. For god's sake mate...it's a damn monkey table! :rofl
4. ISO800...where's the noise? :thumb
5. My fifth RAW image processed through Capture One software (thanks DavidTO!), and the white balance, exposure, sat, sharpening, and contrast are all spot-on (to me, anyway :)
6. 70mm focal length, handheld at 1/50s without flash.
7. It's a damn monkey table! :rofl

:encore
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 30, 2004
    where's the brella's? you forgot to use them...
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    Its either a common Capuchin or some sort of Oriental Macaque...

Nifty! ISO800?!?!?!?!?!?! What the hell camera are you using that you can shoot at that ISO and not get any noise?!?! What the hell did I miss?! eekers.gifeekers.gifeekers.gif

My monkey thread died... Maybe I should post more pics? Dead subject? Monkeys are my main scope these days... My degree in Primatology doesnt sound too far-fetched now...
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    where's the brella's? you forgot to use them...

didn't forget...didn't do it on purpose. Wanted a low, warm light...which was from a single 50W bulb in a floorlamp :)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited December 30, 2004
    Its either a common Capuchin or some sort of Oriental Macaque...
    Judging from the jacket and cap, I'd have to say Capuchin, as those are the favored primate of organ grinders everywhere.
    Nifty! ISO800?!?!?!?!?!?! What the hell camera are you using that you can shoot at that ISO and not get any noise?!?! What the hell did I miss?! eekers.gifeekers.gifeekers.gif
    Canon 20D. Rocks, huh? I didn't even use any noise filtering, other than what is default in Capture One.
    My monkey thread died... Maybe I should post more pics? Dead subject? Monkeys are my main scope these days... My degree in Primatology doesnt sound too far-fetched now...
    Let's see 'em! We love monkeys. I'm not sure which we have more of in this house...monkeys or fish.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    Your on the west coast ...no ?

You have an outdoors there at all mate ??
    edited December 30, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Your on the west coast ...no ?

www.openspace.org. but it's not as cool as yours :)
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    www.openspace.org. but it's not as cool as yours :)

shhhhhhh....im drawing him out to get a clear shot.
    edited December 30, 2004
    ISO1600. I thought that was noise, but it's dust...on the monkey. rolleyes1.gif

13419698-L.jpg
    edited December 30, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Well, sure. But it's 23:44 and raining hard.
    edited December 30, 2004
    Nighty nite gents.

ian

psst...i don't think it worked...ne_nau.gif
    edited December 30, 2004
    Good morning, ian! :D
    edited December 30, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Good morning, ian! :D
    Morning fish...clocked in yet? I feel the need to take a walk--it's dead as a
    door-nail around the office...or maybe some drive-by work :D
    edited December 30, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Morning fish...clocked in yet? I feel the need to take a walk--it's dead as a
    door-nail around the office...or maybe some drive-by work :D
    We're shut down this week.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 30, 2004
    lol3.gif I get it, it's a monkey table...

I must say, that 20D is mucho impressive at high ISO. Wish I had one.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited December 30, 2004
    fish wrote:
    We're shut down this week.
    Lucky you. We should have been....
  • DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Man, I really wish this wasnt a family-oriented site right about now...

I get mad-fat noise at ISO 200 on my f828... While it focuses in low light fairly well (its the only camera I really know, so things may very well be worse...), it just cant get any luminance or definition at 64/100 ISO in dim light... splat.gif

Ill get some monkey pics in a gif... Get it? yelrotflmao.gif Damn that was nerdy...
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...