First attempt at shooting Basketball with 70-200 F4.

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited November 26, 2006 in Sports
And I have to tell you for those that do this I give you alot of credit. Not that easy of a job, but I gave it a shot. As many of you know I have been contemplating the purchase of some new glass. Finally arrived today,

112651225-L.jpg

just in time to take it out of the box and head over to the arena for NSU's home opener against North Alabama

First Shots From the 70-200 F4

Introductions

112651272-L.jpg

Tipoff

112651281-M.jpg

1st Layup Of The Game

112651304-M.jpg

1st Dunk Of The Game

112651374-M.jpg

On the way down

112651430-M.jpg

Charge

112652075-M.jpg

Bad Call (At least the coach thought so)

112652301-M.jpg

The rest can be seen here if interested.

http://imax.smugmug.com/gallery/2168859/1/112651285

Only a few of these have been retouched so far. I'm sure it will take a little getting use to to get these the way that I want them to be, so practice , practice, practice. Thanks for looking and have a great night............

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 25, 2006
    Imax,
    Good work for a first time shooting B-ball indoorsthumb.gifthumb.gif Looks like you checked out quite a few vantage points. So did ya have fun? clap.gif

Looks like you got decent exposures (amazing in and of itself) using F4. So the lighting was excellent. For next time, I'd suggest getting closer (or zooming tighter) and try to get on the other side of the court. The lefthand side, as your team is coming down the court. Most players attack the basket from the right side. So you will get more faces when positioned to the left :D

Still, you should be proud. Ya dun gud wings.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Captn14Captn14 Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    You got this from an f4 lens....clap.gif

Must have had great light. These shots make me want to rethink
    what I have been doing.

Nice pics.......all of them

Rod

• imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Imax,
    Good work for a first time shooting B-ball indoorsthumb.gifthumb.gif Looks like you checked out quite a few vantage points. So did ya have fun? clap.gif

Looks like you got decent exposures (amazing in and of itself) using F4. So the lighting was excellent. For next time, I'd suggest getting closer (or zooming tighter) and try to get on the other side of the court. The lefthand side, as your team is coming down the court. Most players attack the basket from the right side. So you will get more faces when positioned to the left :D

Still, you should be proud. Ya dun gud wings.gif

Steve

To little time to have fun Steve even though that's what it's suppose to be. I was to busy trying to follow the action through the lens. I suppose it will take some time getting use to it.

As for the suggestions as where to be thanks for that. I pretty much can go wherever I want on the court so I guess practice makes perfect.

One thing that confuses me though. Why is everyone so surprised that this particular lens works well indoors?

Well thanks to both of you for the response. I appreciate it and I look forward to next weeks action. Will see what happens on Tuesday night with a different team.
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Captn14 wrote:
    You got this from an f4 lens....clap.gif

Must have had great light. These shots make me want to rethink
    what I have been doing.

Nice pics.......all of them

Rod, at a hs gym f4 w/o a flash isn't going to get it so no worries buddy