Well, silhouette.......?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited November 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
112674634-L.jpg

OK, I know that it is a silhouette. I went out last night to shoot one, and this is NOT what I was after, but I took it anyway.

Trying to get what I was after (a repeat of a shot about a month ago), I caught my jeans on a nail down in the swamp area on a broken concrete block, have big hole in my jeans now................... and I never would have gotten what I wanted as the "players" were not there. A month ago there were fishermen. Last night the photographers were there. So, after I got free of the nail, and the photographers had left. I went up to the bridge, all the way up, to see if anyone was left. This solitary girl was there. I went out on a fishing platform to shoot her and the moon, from the back.

There are so many good shots up already? Any feedback here? I will go back out tonight, but things are never the same. Kind of like the question in life, "can one go home again?". This is the question of "can one reshoot anything", and, in particular, a people shot that seemed so simple at the time. smile.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    THe background is great, the lines of the benches are good, I just don't like the fact that the person is sitting. It kind of looks like a head sitting on the railing.

I think if someone were leaning on the rail, or a couple leaning against it would make it a better shot.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    I love it!! It will be interesting to see what you capture tonight.

Virginia

Email
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    The background is KILLER!
    It is a shame that your subject was sitting. Dave's idea is a good one.

I think you did a great job composing & balancing this shot though.
    You are right, so many good silhouette shots up there already.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Fishermen going home at sunset
    112808362-L.jpg
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2006
    Love it!
    For some reason the guys glasses in the wheelchair really grab me.
    Good job composing that post in the shot where you did. It resonates the already clear fact that the day is over and time to go home.

Good luck on the challenge Ginger.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Thanks, Jon! and everyone else who commented yesterday, TOO!
    This here below was taken just before. He is the son of the man pushing the stroller. The photo was a close second..........a difficult choice for me. If you all have thoughts on my choice or choices, please let me know. I could swap, but don't know when I would ever get a wheelchair shot like that again. Most wheelchairs are mechanized now, and most of the people in them do not have fishing poles in their laps, smile.

112805329-L.jpg

Fisherboy Carries The Net Home.....

These people were out there fishing, but as I lamented my plight, needing silhouettes, they said that they would be walking by "here", and I could get their photos. They even sent the boy ahead when it was time. Some people are just plain super!!! ginger
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Both are gorgeous, Ginger. I understand your choice but I do love the boy and the net (that is a fishing net isn't it? I'm not a fishing person). If the top of the fishing pole were in the photo I would say it was the one. But then, the wheelchair picture really grabs the viewer on many levels. Each has its own story and drama to it. Wonderful, as usual.

Virginia

Email
  • shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    bridge sil's
    I agree with Gina that both the boy with net & pole, and the wheel chair shot each are great and both tell their own story. They're a tie for me.

Steve Hopkins
    Shoppix
  • kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    I like them both very much, too. I'd say go with your gut...usually the ones we're most attached to are the strongest images. Good luck!