Ch29 - doctorit's snoozer

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited January 1, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I decided to goof around this morning and go into the lab late. I never use the snooze button, but hey, makes for good 1st person photography, right? Whaddya think?

original:
13426826-M.jpg

cropped and PS'ed:
13426163-M.jpg

better crop ideas? better effect ideas?

This may suck as a 1st person entry, but I'm so excited because for the past week I've been so horrified with my photography, and I actually think this is a halfway decent shot. I thought maybe I was losing my eyesight totally, cause nothing looked in focus through the viewfinder. I almost hit myself with a sledgehammer when I realized I had tweaked my viewfinder diopter.
:wxwax :bash :lol3
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    Doc,

I really like the effect in the second version, but I'm not sure about the crop. I think you've cropped in too close along the bottom.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 30, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    Doc,

I really like the effect in the second version, but I'm not sure about the crop. I think you've cropped in too close along the bottom.
    i don't like my hand, i think
    Erik

• NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    I think its a pretty cool shot (cropped and desaturated)!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    I like the desaturated version a lot.. I agree with cletus tho.. too tight a crop for me too.. like the red snooze..:D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    It's cool. But I would drop the hands and go for feet, if it were me. And I had hands planned. If one goes for hands, I think the viewer should feel heavy emotion.

I have a feet idea, too. I might do it, but right now I am confused as to what to do first. And not all to do with photography. Sitting here staring at nothing seems more comfortable than confusion: I hate decisions on "what to do".

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 30, 2004
    are you guys just all afraid of the square crop by any chance? I cropped the heck out of this one this morning, and the square looked the most pleasing to me. I just don't like how big my hand is in the original, I feel like it take attention away from the snooze button which was the focus. But then, is it a good 1st person... ??? I'll mess some more later.
    Erik

• judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    I like the second one, but would like to see a little more of the hand (though not as much as the first one has). Personally I use my fist when I go for the snooze button...
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2005
    I like the square crop version the best. The actual button stands out better because of the color adjustment (or whatever) you did.