CSS code causing problems with community

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited November 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Could someone please check my CSS code, it seems to be causing problems with all of my galleries that are associated with the NEO-shoots community.

Here are some of the problems I'm seeing:

1. Vertical photos are all displayed aligned to the left in the galleries that are associated with NEO-shoots community. Vertical photos in other galleries not associated with the community display fine.

2. All NEO-shoots associated galleries do not use the Smugmug gradient theme.

Other members of the community do not seem to be having these problems.

I tracked the problem down to my CSS code, when I remove all CSS code I don't have the above problems. What's strange is I tried only putting a comment in the CSS box and the above problems return???

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Here's my site http://rond200.smugmug.com

Here's the community I belong to http://rond200.smugmug.com/community/NEO-Shoots

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Hi Ron,

Galleries in a community will display the community look and feel, not yours. Does this help?
  • RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Ron,

Galleries in a community will display the community look and feel, not yours. Does this help?

Hi Andy, I understand that but other people in the community are not having the same problems I'm having, for instance when I look at one of my veritical photos it's aligned to the left, but if I look at one of Boku's vertical photos it's aligned in the center???? My galleries look fine if I don't have any code in my CSS box but as soon as I add any code even if it's just a comment to my CSS box the display problems return to any galleries associated with the community??? I can't figure out why I'm having these display problems but other community member's aren't. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ron
    edited November 26, 2006
    RonD200 wrote:
    Hi Andy, I understand that but other people in the community are not having the same problems I'm having, for instance when I look at one of my veritical photos it's aligned to the left, but if I look at one of Boku's vertical photos it's aligned in the center???? My galleries look fine if I don't have any code in my CSS box but as soon as I add any code even if it's just a comment to my CSS box the display problems return to any galleries associated with the community??? I can't figure out why I'm having these display problems but other community member's aren't. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ron
    You have customization, and they do not. They are being served up a different base code than you are.

OK?
  • RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    You have customization, and they do not. They are being served up a different base code than you are.

OK?

Oh, ok, I'm new to HTML and CSS and I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the quick replies. :D
    edited November 26, 2006
    RonD200 wrote:
    Oh, ok, I'm new to HTML and CSS and I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the quick replies. :D
    Cool - and no worries, this we've woven is quite intricate!